$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

‘Titanic 3D’: Haunting flick released in 3-D

On the 100th anniversary of the destruction of “the unsinkable ship of dreams,” director James Cameron reopens some old wounds with the release of “Titanic 3D.”

Just as Cameron succeeded with “Avatar” with his impeccable 3-D technique, his conversion of “Titanic” adds scrutinizing detail to the most memorable moments in the movie. It allows the audience, for example, to watch the specks of dust in the underwater ruins of the unsinkable ship, making it seem as if they’re truly there.

The only downside is that 3-D fails to emit the same eye-popping enhancements as the story between Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Rose (Kate Winslet) progresses, as there doesn’t seem to be much difference in the images between the original and the new release in the early scenes of the couple falling in love.

During the horrifying moment when hundreds were jumping off the sinking ship, the 3-D effects made the scene more haunting. It flourished in capturing the depth and horror of every passenger onboard, making it even more heartbreaking to watch them flail in the water.

The story, in all its glory, is a masterpiece on its own, and though it has been 15 years since the movie’s first release, the power of the heartbreaking disaster is still there.

“Titanic” was written and directed by James Cameron. 

$1495
$2000