$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

College Briefing: Dec. 11

Applications available for Leadership Weekend
Leadership Weekend applications are now open to first-year students. The free, two-day retreat will provide first-year students the opportunity to learn from  one
another and learn ways to demonstrate leadership.
The retreat is hosted by the Student Leadership Institute and will take place from Feb. 13–14, 2015 at Camp Casowasco in Moravia, New York. The application deadline is midnight Dec. 31.
The retreat will focus on team building as well as building individual leadership skills.

Reception scheduled for departing professors
A farewell reception for Michael McCall and Granger Macy will be held Dec. 12 from 3:30–5 p.m. in the second floor atrium of the School of Business.
McCall, a professor and chair of marketing and law, will be leaving Ithaca College to become the director of The School of Hospitality Business and NAMA Professor of Hospitality in the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. Macy, an associate professor of management, is retiring after 15 years at the college and 30 years in higher education.

IBM recognizes college for data and analytics
The Division of Enrollment and Communication has been named a Smarter Planet organization by IBM for its commitment to big data and analytics. Ithaca College is now one of only five higher education institutions to have received Smarter Planet status, IBM’s highest client recognition. The other institutions are Michigan State University, American Public University, Community College of Rhode Island and Wichita State University. This status recognizes the institution’s use of analytics to improve student engagement and retention, donor management and enrollment management.
Eric Maguire, vice president for enrollment and communication, and Yuko Mulugetta, director of enrollment planning, previously hosted a webinar titled Using Data & Predictive Analytics to Click with the Right Students in collaboration with IBM and The Chronicle of Higher Education. In the webinar, Maguire and Mulugetta addressed how the college uses data and analytics in enrollment management.

New assistant provost for finance appointed
Marc Israel ’05, former associate director of the Office of the Budget at Ithaca College, has been hired as assistant provost for finance and administrative operations beginning Dec. 15. As the assistant provost for finance and administrative operations, Israel will oversee financial and administrative operations for the Provost and Division  of Educational Affairs and provide strategic oversight for the President’s Office’s financial operations.
Israel is a graduate of Ithaca College with an MBA and a B.A. in economics from the college. Before returning to the college, he worked in several roles for JPMorgan Chase & Co.

IC musicians to perform with Cornell musicians
Ithaca College faculty and student musicians will team up with guest musicians from Cornell University for a concert at 8:15 p.m. Dec. 11 in Ford Hall in the James J. Whalen Center for Music at the college. The event is free and open to the public.
The concert will feature the Ithaca College Chamber Orchestra under the direction of Jeffery Meyer and will include a wide variety of classical music, ranging from an homage to Jimmy Hendrix to more traditional classical music.
Malcom Bilson, the Frederick J. Whiton Professor of Music at  Cornell, will perform a concerto by C.P.E. Bach on the fortepiano. Also joining the concert from Cornell is Steven Stucky, a Pulitzer Prize–winning composer and Cornell’s Given Foundation Professor of Composition. Stucky will provide narration for “Are You Experienced,” a piece by David Lang, with the college’s own Aaron Tindall, assistant professor of performance studies, on tuba.

$1375
$2000