$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

College Briefing: Dec. 4

Meetings for campus master plan to be held
Update meetings for the campus master plan will take place from 12:10–1:10 p.m. and from 2:35–3:35 p.m. Dec. 4 in Emerson Suites. All students, faculty and staff are invited to attend.
Members of the master planning team from the Perkins Eastman architecture firm will present recommendations to further develop a framework for campus improvements over the next decade and beyond.
The meetings will extend upon the results of the red dot/green dot exercise and the master plan town hall meetings held in October. The suggestions offered in these earlier events helped direct the master planning team’s efforts to set priorities and contribute concepts for the master plan.

Risk initiative finalists to give presentations
The finalists for the position of case manager, which will be working to enhance Ithaca College’s Assisting Students At Risk Initiative, will participate in open interviews and presentation sessions for all members of the campus community from 10 to 11 a.m. Dec. 9 in the Ithaca Falls Room and from 10 to 11 a.m. Dec. 11 in the Taughannock Falls Room.
The initiative was created to identify, track and intervene with students who are experiencing distress related to health, academic and other similar concerns. It hopes to provide a central location for faculty, staff and students to express concerns about the well-being of a student or campus community and to provide information about risk issues and available resources. The initiative does not have goals focused on retention or treatment, though that may be an outcome. The goals of the ASR focus on timely identification and intervention for students.

College to hold service in memory of alumnus
A memorial service for the late Harold R. “Bud” Garrity ’68 will be held at 11 a.m. Dec. 6 in the Whalen Center’s Hockett Family Recital Hall, followed by a reception in McHenry Lounge. All members of the campus and local communities are invited to attend.
Garrity died Oct. 25 in Charleston, South Carolina, due to illness.
He graduated from Ithaca College in 1968 with a bachelor’s degree in communications and later worked at several local radio stations before returning to the college to serve as its first full-time director of annual giving from 1975–78. He then established his own Ithaca-based advertising firm called Garrity Communications to serve clients from all across the  Northeast region.
Garrity served on the Alumni Association Board of Directors and the Board of Trustees, and chaired a special alumni board committee to plan the celebration of the college’s centennial in 1992.

Meetings with provost finalist open to college
Dr. Benjamin “Ben” Rifkin, the second of the finalists for the Ithaca College provost position, will visit the college Dec. 4 and Dec. 5.
Individualized open sessions are being held with Rifkin for faculty from 4:15 to 5:30 p.m. Dec. 4 in the Peggy Ryan Williams Haine’s Forum, followed by a session for students from 5:30 to 6:15 p.m. at the same location.
An open meeting for the candidate with students, faculty and staff is also scheduled from 12:10 to 1:00 p.m. Dec. 4 in Textor 102.
The first provost candidate, Beth Rushing, visited campus Dec. 2 and 3. Two more provost candidates will visit the campus to hold meetings with faculty and students on Dec. 9–10 and 11–12 for the third and fourth candidates.

Mara Alper to present at World Water Forum
Mara Alper, an associate professor in the television-radio program, was selected to present at the 7th World Water Forum in Korea, the world’s largest water-related event, in April 2015.
Her presentation will include her speech “Re-Imagining Water,” which will incorporate content from some of her Ithaca College courses. She will emphasize water awareness to motivate behavioral changes, as well as engage international educators and non-governmental organizations  in the topic of effective water education approaches.
Held every three years in a different host country, the World Water Forum features panels, discussions and a Water Expo that presents solutions to water issues.

$1375
$2000