$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

College Briefing: March 19

Nominations for Senior Class Gift Committee due 

The deadline for nominations of rising seniors for the 2016 Senior Class Gift Committee is March 20.

As part of the Senior Class Gift Campaign, the Ithaca College graduating class contributes to the college’s annual fund. The committee is composed of 15 to 20 seniors who commit two to four hours per week. It is led by two co-chairs who commit five to seven hours per week and supervise all aspects of the campaign.

Responsibilities of committee members include working with other seniors to educate the campus community about philanthropy and develop a campaign to promote donations to the annual fund.

Self-nominations for the committee are accepted. All nominations should be emailed to Alyssa Cooper, associate director of the annual fund, at [email protected].

Women’s swimming team to offer private lessons

The women’s swimming and diving team will offer private swimming and diving lessons this spring, and the first session will be held March 28. Individuals of all ages and skill levels are eligible to participate. Each lesson is 45 minutes from either 9:30–10:30 a.m. or 10:30–11:15 a.m. and is led by a member of the team.

The other sessions will take place April 11, 18 and 25. For all four lessons, participants must pay $70 and register by sending a registration and liability form along with a check made out to “Ithaca College” to Paula Miller, the women’s swimming and diving coach, before March 20.

The registration form can be found at http://www.ithaca.edu/aecenter/docs/Swim2015/Registration.pdf, and the liability form can be accessed at http://www.ithaca.edu/aecenter/docs/Swim2015/LiabilityForm.pdf.

Anyone with questions can contact Miller at 607-274-3119.

Prelaw program alumni to discuss career paths

The Ithaca College prelaw program in the School of Humanities and Sciences and the college’s Alumni Association will offer two events featuring attorneys and alumni Shane Freedman ’93 and Michael Battle ’77 and Judge Mary J. Boyle ’86.

The first event will take place 7–8:30 p.m. April 9 in Clark Lounge and will feature Battle and Boyle. The two will discuss the practice of criminal law, as well as their educations and career paths.

The second event will take place 7–8:30 p.m. April 16 in the Wolfgruber VIP Room in the Athletics and Events Center. At this session, Freedman will share his experiences and opinions concerning private versus in-house legal practice.

The events will include a panel discussion and a complementary buffet dinner. To get priority seating, RSVP to Michael Whelan, the prelaw program adviser, at [email protected].

Beth Reynolds to be new financial services director

Beth Reynolds, who currently serves as the associate director of financial services at Ithaca College, has been promoted to director of financial services effective April 1. She will succeed Lynn Eastman, who will retire at the end of August.

Reynolds will be supervising the college’s financial services department. She will oversee all accounting, cashiering and receivable operations.

Reynolds earned her bachelor’s degree in accounting at the college and has completed the college’s leadership program and supervisory academy. She has served as associate director of financial services for the past 10 years.

Theater arts department to present dance concert

The Department of Theatre Arts will showcase original choreography in a performance titled “Flight of the Heart,” which features three pieces of original choreography, at 8 p.m. March 24, 26, 27 and 28 with 2 p.m. matinees offered March 28 and 29.

Theater department faculty members Lindsay Gilmour, Roy Lightner and Amy O’Brien choreographed the routines, and the production team includes several students.

All performances will take place in the Hoerner Theatre in Dillingham Center. Tickets are $16 and can be bought at ithaca.ticketforce.com and through the college box office located in Dillingham. Individuals can also reserve tickets at the box office by calling 607-274-3224.

Israel Film Festival to open with ‘Zero Motivation’

The Israel Film Festival at Ithaca College will open with a screening of the 2014 Israeli comedy “Zero Motivation” at 6:30 p.m. March 19 in the Park Auditorium in the Roy H. Park School of Communications.  The event will include a reception catered by a local Ba-Li Cravings Israeli Bakery.

A “Women at a Workplace” panel will immediately follow the screening. At last year’s Israel Film Festival, the theme of the event was “Multiculturalism,” and this year, the theme will be “Gender” and how it relates to women’s rights, homosexuality and cross-cultural dialogue.

The film explores the roles and struggles of women in the military, who are occupied in non-military office jobs. It is an autobiographical feature written and directed by Israeli woman Talya Lavie, who satirizes the sexual politics of women in the army.

Students who attend the screening and reception will be able to receive Student Leadership Initiative credit for this event.

$1375
$2000