$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefs April 14

Malik Clement
On April 8, the Silo Food Truck, which is owned and operated by Ithaca College alum Katie Foley ‘01, parked on the Academic Quad to serve food. It will be in the same location every Tuesday for the remainder of the spring semester.

College changes grade deadlines for this May and following terms

The Academic Calendar Committee (ACC) announced that the college is adopting a new grade deadline practice beginning this May. The current practice before revision is that fall semester grades are due Dec. 30 and spring semester grades are due the Wednesday after finals week. This allows 10–15 days for grades to be due in fall and 3–4 days in spring. The inconsistency in the length of time that grades are due led to the ACC recreating the schedule. Starting in May, grades will be due for any term five business days from the last final at 5 p.m. Part of this schedule change altered the academic calendar as well, which helps ensure the five-business day deadline will not occur during the winter break. Fall term will begin on a Monday instead of a Wednesday, adding two days to the calendar and allowing the college to end the term earlier. Final exam week has also been reduced to four days. The ACC shared this recommendation with faculty council and other constituent groups on campus and has been approved by the provost. Questions should be directed to Registrar Vikki Levine at [email protected].

Appreciation gathering to be held for the college’s faculty and staff

The Office of Human Resources is hosting a spring gathering for faculty and staff. There will be treats and special tokens of thanks for faculty and staff. The gathering is scheduled to be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. April 19 in Clark and Klingenstein lounges in the Campus Center.

Forms required for late departure following Commencement Week

Beginning April 11, students living on campus will be able to request to stay for Commencement Week using the Late Departure Request Form in IC Workflow. The deadline for students to submit their Late Departure Request Form is 11:59 p.m. May 8. All campus residents, with the exception of graduating seniors, Resident Assistants and Circle Apartment residents, are required to vacate their rooms before 3 p.m. May 14 unless they have approval from the Office of Residential Life to remain later. Any requests made after this date may not be considered. Graduating seniors who are currently away from campus will be notified separately as to how to request on-campus housing for Commencement Week. Those who are staying for Commencement and have a Spring 2022 meal plan will have their meal plans extended through Commencement Week. Unapproved students who are found in a residence hall after the date and time at which they were expected to check out are subject to a $100 unauthorized presence fine and a referral to the Office of Student Conduct. Students who are either fulfilling commencement-related responsibilities or participating in a postseason athletic competition are expected to check out within 24 hours after their last shift or competition. For summer students, student employees and students with exceptional needs who plan to register for summer housing will need to do so through Conference and Event Services beginning at 4 p.m. May 22.

Social media manager needed for Exploratory Program work

The Exploratory Program is looking for a student to run its social media accounts. The job of social media manager is a paid position. Those who are interested should send a cover letter and resume to junior Ellen Chapman at [email protected] no later than April 15. During the application decision process, current and past exploratory students will be given priority. Some of the responsibilities of this position include creating content for Instagram, Engage and other social media to increase its visibility to students and promote events, write and send the Exploratory Newsletter every Monday at 5 p.m., meet weekly with the Exploratory Admin team, arrange for graduating Peer Ambassador and Leader (PAL) students to share their stories, and help prospective PALs.

College supports active learning through faculty learning session

The college is hosting a learning session for faculty from noon to 1 p.m. April 27 in the Center for Faculty Excellence. The session will help faculty who are currently considering adding service learning experiences in their classrooms. It will provide information on available opportunities for experiential learning projects, internal and external resources from insurance to transportation, and ways to benefit students and overcome challenges while planning, implementing and assessing projects. This effort to encourage active learning is an effort to have classrooms align with one of the objectives of the college’s strategic plan: “Establish Ithaca College as a leader in practice and performance by expanding experiential learning opportunities across the curriculum, college operations and real-world problems in the community.” The workshop will be facilitated by Arhlene Flowers, professor in the Department of Integrated Marketing Communications, and David Harker, director for the Center for Civic Engagement. To register for the event, individuals can sign up on IC Engage. Those who require accommodations are encouraged to contact Colette Matisco at cfe@ ithaca.edu or 607-274-3734 as soon as possible.

IT Service Desk extends hours to help with course registration

In order to assist students during the registration process for Fall 2022 courses, the Information Technology (IT) Service Desk has released extended hours during specific days when course registration is open. For the first wave of registration, support was available from April 12 to 15. The IT Service Desk will be available to provide phone and chat support starting at 7:30 a.m. April 19 and 21 for students who are registering at the later registration dates available to students.

$1495
$2000