$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

College Briefs Feb. 10

Kalysta Donaghy-Robinson
Spoken-word artist Ashlee Haze gave a poetry performance following an opening from two student-poets Feb. 8 in IC Square. The event was hosted by the Black Student Union, Sister 2 Sister and the Student Activities Board.

Student art exhibition to be held with displays of different styles

All members of the campus community are invited to an art exhibition and reception from 3:30–5 p.m. Feb. 15. The event is located on the third floor of the Peggy Ryan Williams Center. Attendees will have the opportunity to speak with the artists about their work. Individuals who require accommodations can contact the Provost’s Office at 607-274-7918.

Speakers for graduation needed to submit applications by Feb. 18.

Ithaca College’s commencement committee will be accepting applications for the May 2022 ceremony. Students must submit a one- to two-minute video explaining why they are interested, as well as an excerpt of a speech. Seniors with a graduation date from October 2021–December 2022 are eligible to apply and must have 60 credits from the college. Applications are due by Feb. 18. Any individuals that require accommodations should contact Doreen Hettich-Atkins, executive director for the Division of Student Affairs and Campus Life, at 607-274-1168 or email her at [email protected].

IC professor publishes a review of four musical theatre textbooks

Deborah Rifkin, professor in the Department of Music Theory, History and Composition at Ithaca College, published a review of four textbooks in the Journal of Music Theory Pedagogy. The textbooks that were reviewed are all geared specifically towards musical-theatre students. Rifkin co-authored the review with Nathan Beary Blustein and Elizabeth Gerbi.

Summer scholar program open for application submissions

The School of Humanities and Sciences has a summer scholar program that pays students to engage in research, scholarship and creative inquiry projects with a H&S faculty mentor. The school is considering projects that can be done remotely or in person. Full-time work would begin June 1 and students would be compensated $4,224 for eight weeks of work. Applications can be found on the H&S Summer Scholars webpage and must be submitted no later than 4 p.m. Feb. 28. Zoom information meetings have already been held but students with accommodation requests can email [email protected] or call 607-274-3102.

Fall 2022 course schedule to open for student viewing in March

HomerConnect and Degree Works will have the Fall 2022 course schedule available to be viewed by noon March 28. Students will also be able to view their registration status, which tells students what day and time they can register March 28. Registration status is determined by the number of credits a student has earned and does not include in-progress Spring 2022 credits. Students can see the number of credits they have earned by going to HomerConnect and viewing their total hours. The registration dates and times are: April 12, for special populations and undergraduate students with 90 or more credit hours; April 13 for graduate students; April 14 for undergraduate students with 60–89.9 credits; April 19 for undergraduate students with 30–59.9 credits; and April 21 for undergraduate students with under 30 credits.

Student leadership position open for an engagement consultant

The Office of Student Engagement (OSE) is looking to hire students who have a variety of skills and experiences. OSE is aiming to create a team of student leadership consultants for the 2022–23 academic year. The position requires 10–15 work hours per week and multiple responsibilities like coordinating events, consulting with students, marketing programs, running the Student Activities Center and more. Students will earn $13.35 per hour. Applications are due by Feb. 28.

Majors and Minors Fair to be held by the IC Exploratory Program

The Ithaca College Exploratory Program is hosting the Spring 2022 Majors and Minors Fair from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. Feb. 15 in the Emerson Suites. Students will have the opportunity to speak with faculty from all the schools as well as staff who can provide information about topics like career services, financial services and studying abroad. When students register for the event on IC Engage they will be automatically entered into a special raffle contest. There will also be free food and snacks. For accommodations or questions, students can contact [email protected].

Bystander program open to all for virtual intervention training

The Advocacy Center of Tompkins County will be hosting a virtual bystander intervention training between 5–6:30 p.m. Feb. 15. The Bringing in the Bystander Program teaches people how to safely and effectively intervene in a possible incident of sexual or relationship violence. To register for the training visit IC Engage. Attendees should reach out and contact [email protected] if requiring accommodations or if they have questions.

IC to host London Center event discussing major program topics

For students interested in learning more about the opportunity to spend a semester or summer at the Ithaca College London Center, there will be an information session from 12:10–1:05 p.m. Feb. 15 The session will cover topics like applying to the program, traveling to the UK, housing, academics and internships. Interested students must register on IC Engage so they can be emailed the Zoom link. Students requiring accommodations can contact [email protected].

$1375
$2000