$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

College Briefs March 10

Marvel+fans+assemble+for+a+trivia+showdown+at+Ithaca+College+from+6+to+7+p.m.+March+4+in+the+Hill+Center+to+prove+their+fandom+knowledge+of+the+Marvel+Cinematic+Universe.+
Atticus Rubottom
Marvel fans assemble for a trivia showdown at Ithaca College from 6 to 7 p.m. March 4 in the Hill Center to prove their fandom knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Writing center hiring students for tutoring and content creation

The Ithaca College Writing Center is hiring peer tutors and content developers. The Writing Center is looking for students interested in writing copy, developing online content, working on web design and web user experience, creating instructional materials and technical and professional writing. The center is launching an online writing lab and are in need of applicants for both dedicated content contributors and peer tutors. All applications must be submitted through the Student Employment portal job posting. Any applications sent through email or print will not be considered for the job.

Meetings offered for addiction to marijuana to aid in recovery

Meetings for individuals addicted to marijuana and seeking support in their recovery will be held at 10 a.m. every Thursday in the Ithaca Community Recovery room at 518 West Seneca Street. The program launched March 3 in an effort to share individual experiences and offer support for people looking to recover from marijuana addiction. Individuals seeking more information about Marijuana Anonymous can email [email protected].

Supervisors meeting to be held to discuss college’s labor issues

The All-Supervisors meeting is scheduled for 1 to 2:30 p.m. March 15 in 102 Textor Hall. The agenda will cover labor relations, workload assessment and employee retention strategies.

College starts finance program to support campus employees

The college is partnering with WellCents to give their employees additional financial wellness education, awareness and access to a financial advisor free of charge. WellCents is a financial solution designed to help create confidence within individuals’ financial lives. Individuals interested will first take an assessment which is a survey asking questions on financial history. WellCents will then analyze the answers, give a score and create a customized action plan. Individuals can attend group workshops that are tailored to attendees. WellCents will continue to provide financial advisers that will discuss all financial needs and goals. Topics may include: retirement planning, debt reduction, budget planning, asset allocation and investing, life insurance analysis and social security.

Transcripts required for credits received while studying abroad

Students who have previously studied abroad are encouraged to check their Degree Works to ensure their credit is reflected on their degree evaluation. If credits are not reflected, it is because The Office of the Registrar has not received students’ official transcript, which can be emailed to [email protected]. If the credit is not reflected after sending the transcript, individuals can contact Holly Westbrook, credit evaluation coordinator in the Office of the Registrar, at [email protected].

Alum invited to be guest speaker to present work on Adirondack

Beta Gamma Sigma and the School of Business are holding a presentation by Steve Gonick ’85 from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. March 10 via Zoom. Gonick will discuss his work in Adirondack Research and Management. Gonick managed most of the operations outside of research and portfolio management. He will also discuss how his role led to business ventures and what they are.

Learning coaches to be selected by college’s peer-tutoring service

Junior Camryn O’Leary and freshman Ranjini Iyengar are new learning coaches for the Tutoring and Academic Enrichment Services. Learning coaches are peer tutors who motivate students to complete their coursework. Students who are interested in applying to be peer tutors should visit the student employment website.

College seeks student nominees for Fall 2022 orientation staff

The Office of New Student and Transition Programs is looking for the college’s faculty and staff to nominate students to apply to become a part of Fall 2022 orientation staff. The program is looking to make a staff team of 70 students. IC seeks ideas from supervisors to recognize student workers The college’s Student Employee Enhancement Committee has invited supervisors to join its SUPERvision virtual session from noon to 1 p.m. March 17. The workshop is discussion-based and offers supervisors the chance to learn and share ideas for rewarding and recognizing student employees at the college. Individuals who require accommodations can contact Suzanne Brache, administrative coordinator in the Office of Career Services, through her email at [email protected].

IC hiring for its phonathon team to ask community for donations

The college is hiring positions for the Ithaca College Annual Fund Phonathon Team. Hired students would talk with alumni and parents to provide updates on upcoming events, information on the college and to ask for their financial support on the college’s behalf. The positions open for hire are student callers, call monitors, an office manager, office supervisor and a quality control coordinator. Anyone who is interested should visit the college’s job database and search for the phonathon application. For more information, students can contact Kelly Dukerich, phonathon alumni and family engagement coordinator in the Office of Student Engagement, through her email at [email protected].

$1375
$2000