$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefs Oct. 7

Malik Clement
From left, Ithaca College senior Aidan Fennessy, creative technology specialist for Information Technology, helps freshman Brenda Acevedo upcycle her jumpsuit. The Center for Creative Technology hosted a sewing workshop Sept. 30 for students.

Appropriations Committee seeks new members for fall semester

The Ithaca College Student Governance Council is seeking new members for its Appropriations Committee.

The Appropriations Committee meets to deliberate and vote on budgets presented to it by student organizations.

The committee meets at 7 p.m. every Wednesday beginning Oct. 6. Interested students can fill out the committee interest form on IC Engage.

IC orientation dates announced for Spring 2022 programming

The Office of New Student & Transition Programs (NSTP) has announced that the 2022 Spring Orientation program will be held from Jan. 20 to 23.

NSTP will be continuing to work with campus partners and finalize scheduling details before it shares more information.

Campus community members with questions can email [email protected].

College seeking faculty volunteers for ICC designation subcommittees

The Committee for College-wide Requirements (CCR) is requesting faculty volunteers for Integrative Core Curriculum (ICC) designation subcommittees.

Designation subcommittees review proposals to determine whether courses meet ICC requirements.

Each subcommittee has a CCR liaison and review of proposals occurs electronically, making it a flexible opportunity to participate in curriculum review.

Additional members are necessary for the following subcommittees: Themes and Perspectives, Diversity, Quantitative Literacy and Writing Intensive. Interested faculty can email [email protected] if they are interested in serving on an ICC course designation subcommittee for 2021–22.

Information on CCR can be found on the Office of Provost Committee for College-Wide Requirements website.

College to hold meditation series for interested students and faculty

Laura Amoriello, assistant professor in the Department of Music Performance, and Paola Savvidou, wellness initiative program manager and adjunct lecturer in the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance at the University of Michigan, will be leading a self-compassion meditation series.

The series is offered through a partnership with Ithaca College and the University of Michigan.

It will be held from 12:30 to 12:50 p.m. over Zoom from Oct. 7 to Nov. 11. Interested individuals can register online and contact [email protected] with any questions.

Course registration dates available for winter and Spring semesters

The winter and Spring 2022 course schedule will be available for view on HomerConnect and DegreeWorks beginning at noon Oct. 18.

Students interested in taking winter session courses can visit the winter session website for more information about the winter term. Time tickets will be released after noon Oct. 30.

Students in the School of Humanities and Sciences, and departments of recreation and leisure studies and pre-health professions, and freshman students in the School of Business are required to meet with their adviser to receive their Registration Access Code (RAC).

Students in those populations should make sure to meet with their faculty advisors prior to registration to ensure they have access to their RAC.

Registration for winter session opens at 9 a.m. Nov. 1 for all students. Registration for Spring courses opens at 7:30 a.m. Nov. 2 for undergraduate students with more than 90 earned credit hours and special populations; 7:30 a.m. Nov. 3 for graduate students; 7:30 a.m. Nov. 4 for undergraduate students with 60–89.9 earned credit hours; 7:30 a.m. Nov. 9 for undergraduate students with 30–59.9 earned credit hours and 7:30 a.m. Nov. 11 for undergraduate students with under 30 earned credit hours.

Information Technology seeking student employees for spring

The Department of Information Technology (IT) is hiring student employees for Spring 2022. Interested students must attend information sessions that will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 6 in the Taughannock Falls Room, 6 to 7 p.m. Oct. 7 on Zoom and 12:10 to 1 p.m. Oct. 19 in Friends 207.

Applications will be due by 8:30 a.m. Oct. 25. Students should upload a resume, cover letter and answer a supplemental questionnaire.

$1495
$2000