$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefs Sept. 16

Ash Bailot/The Ithacan
Senior Lili Geho, director of photography for the student film “Elwood,” sets up a shot Sept. 12 in the Ithaca College Natural Lands on the first day of shooting the film. The film is directed by senior Liam Wurtz and produced by senior Anthony Boccia.

College seeks student feedback through success team surveys

The Ithaca College Student Success Team is collecting student feedback through a series of short surveys to gain a better understanding of students’ experiences throughout their time at the college. Each survey will have between three and six questions for students to answer.

The first mini-surveys have been sent to new students, freshman and transfer students this week. All new students who are currently in their first semester at the college are encouraged to fill out the survey.

Students may choose whether or not they would like a member of the student success team to contact them about their responses to the survey. The student success team will share data patterns, not individual responses, with the appropriate office or program that addresses those specific student needs.

Certification program to educate campus on bystander intervention

The new Ithaca College Responsibility: Bystander Intervention Certification Program is part of a campus-wide prevention education collaboration. The program is intended to educate, improve skill development and teach intervention strategies.

Participants will receive a certificate of completion demonstrating their knowledge of pro-social intervention and marketable skills to help them bring positive contributions to both work and educational environments.

Women’s network advisory board creates new vision and mission

The Ithaca College Women’s Mentoring Network Advisory Board is hosting a welcoming event from 4 to 6 p.m. Sept. 23 in Clark Lounge. Individuals may attend the event virtually through Zoom if they are not on campus or cannot attend in person.

The board has developed a new vision and mission statement after attending a visioning retreat in June. The board is looking to conduct a series of events, mentoring circles and one-on-one mentoring partnerships.

The vision for the board is to uplift women to empower their success. Its mission is to connect women to create a sense of community, create an inclusive structure and programming to support women in higher education, emphasize the connection between professional and personal development, respect one another and collaborate with others on campus who support women.

Individuals may fill out an online survey to express interest in the network.

New graduate program to host series of information sessions

The Ithaca College Physician Assistant Program is hosting three virtual information sessions in September. The sessions will be held from 8 to 9:30 p.m. Sept. 16, 9 to 10:30 a.m. Sept. 20 and noon to 1:30 p.m. Sept. 22.

The sessions will be held through Zoom and will cover general information about the program, the 2021–22 admission cycle and financial aid planning.

Additional information sessions will be held in October and November.

IC names new program director for Center of Health Promotion

Ithaca College’s Division of Student Affairs and Campus Life has filled a position in the Center for Counseling, Health and Wellness.

Michelle Goode has been named the new program director for the Center of Health Promotion after Nancy Reynolds, former program director for the Center of Health Promotion, retired after the end of the 2020–21 academic year. Dean of Students Bonnie Prunty led the search process.

Prior to accepting the role at the college, Goode had worked at Syracuse University as a Health Promotion Specialist since March 2016. She also spent one year as the Prevention Specialist at the County of Oswego Council on Alcoholism and Addictions Inc.

Goode graduated from the College at Brockport in 2012 with a degree in health science and exercise physiology and earned her Master of Public Health with a concentration in social and behavioral sciences from Boston University in 2015.

Student engagement office to give funding for events in IC Square

The Office of Student Engagement is looking for student organizations that want to host their events in IC Square in the Campus Center. Student organizations may receive up to $1,000 in funding to be used toward prizes, refreshments, etc.

Student organizations will also receive personalized support from the Campus Center Programming team. The application deadline is Sept. 20.

Bike Walk Tompkins to celebrate annual festival on Cayuga Street

The Streets Alive! Ithaca festival is from 1 to 5 p.m. Sept. 19 on Cayuga Street, from Ithaca High School to Court Street. The open streets festival will include a bike rodeo, circus culture acrobatics, strolling musicians and more.

Bike Walk Tompkins is looking for at least 50 volunteers from the community to help close the street to cars, take photos of the action, work as roving bike mechanics and encourage people to have fun. Volunteers must be 16 or older.

$1495
$2000