$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefs Sept. 22

Daisy Bolger
From left, juniors Felissa Gaber, Gabby Krain-Sasson and Rachel Gellman enjoy a Kosher barbecue and s’mores next to a campfire at a camp-themed Shabbat on Sept. 16 outside of Muller Chapel held by Hillel at Ithaca College.

Tickets on sale for performances by theater and dance students

The Center for Theatre and Dance is selling tickets to all scheduled productions for the 2022–23 academic year. The performances this year include “Sweat,” “Into the Woods,” “The Language Archive” and “Collaboratory.” Tickets can be purchased at https://tickets.ithaca.edu and costs range from $10 to $20. The full list of performances can be found on the college’s website.

College to host discussion series for prospective-student outreach

The college is seeking sophomore, junior and senior students to share their experiences about their time on campus to help the college focus their outreach to future prospective students. A series of discussion sessions will be hosted by the college for a total of 80 students. Each session will host 20 students. The sessions will be from 10 to 11 a.m., 2 to 3 p.m. and 7 to 8 p.m. Sept. 27 in Campus Center. From 12:10 to 1 p.m., a session will be held in Williams Hall. Food will be provided and at each session, and one student will receive a $25 gift card to the college’s campus store. Interested students should register through the form available on Ithaca College Intercom by Sept. 23. Students who need accommodations should contact Jennifer King MacKenzie, director of marketing strategy in the creative and marketing group in the Department of College Communications, at [email protected] or 607-274-3498 as soon as possible.

IT office seeks student workers for different technology areas

The Office of Information Technology (IT) is hiring student employees for Fall 2022. IT has 12 different technology areas students can work in and employs over 75 students at the college. Students from all schools and majors are able to apply and the office is seeking students who enjoy working with others, are interested in technology and are interested to learn in their positions. Students who would like to apply can find more information about the different positions in IT on the IT student employment website. The application form is available to fill out on Ithaca College Intercom.

Registration is open for retreat where SLI credits can be earned

The Knowledge to Action Retreat is taking place for the first time Nov. 5. Any current student at the college is eligible to register. At the retreat, students will travel to Auburn, New York, to see the New York State Equal Rights and Heritage Center, to educate themselves about local activism, experience walking part of the Harriet Tubman lantern trail and have the opportunity to speak with a panel of alumni. Students will also engage in making a plan for themselves to take action against injustice. Those who attend can earn three Leading in a Diverse World student leadership credits. No fee is required to register and spaces are limited. More information is available on how to register on Ithaca College Intercom.

College is looking for workshops on leadership during block two

The Office of Student Engagement (OSE) is seeking students, faculty and staff to present Student Leadership Institute (SLI) workshops during block two for Fall 2022. The workshops will be held Oct. 17 to Dec. 2. Presentations should align with one of four SLI tracks: Leading Self, Leading Others, Leading in a Diverse World or Leading at IC and are typically 45 to 60 minutes long. Anyone can propose a presentation, including individuals who are already planning presentations during block two and want to register them as an SLI to increase outreach and attendance. In order to apply, individuals should pick the SLI track they feel their event aligns with — OSE is especially looking for presentations that fall under Leading Others and Leading in a Diverse World — and fill out the application form. The SLI workshop application form can be found on IC Engage and is due by Sept. 26. SLI workshops for block two will be published Oct. 10. Individuals who are looking for more information can contact [email protected].

Professor to discuss elections from a historical perspective

Michael Trotti, professor in the Department of History, is scheduled to give a talk on the upcoming midterm elections from a historical perspective. The event, titled “What You Wish You Knew About the Midterm Elections: Notes from a Historian,” is interactive and will be held from 12:10 to 1 p.m. Sept. 29 in Textor 102.

College plans course in Belize about environmental issues

The college is offering students a one-credit study abroad course in Belize from Jan. 3 to 16 in Spring 2023. In the course, students will explore Belize and learn about environmental conservation and the impact of humans on the country. The course costs $2,700 in addition to airfare and 20 students will be able to attend. Students looking for more information should contact Susan Allen, professor in the Department of Environmental Studies, at [email protected].

$1495
$2000