$1275
$2000

College Briefs Sept. 23

From+left%2C+juniors+Sam+Levine+and+Riley+Garand+work+backstage+on+Newswatch%2C+an+ICTV+show.+ICTV+is+housed+in+Park+Hall+and+offers+a+variety+of+student-run+shows+including+Good+Day+Ithaca%2C+Newswatch%2C+Fake+Out+and+Sports+Final.+
Kevin Yu/The Ithacan
From left, juniors Sam Levine and Riley Garand work backstage on Newswatch, an ICTV show. ICTV is housed in Park Hall and offers a variety of student-run shows including Good Day Ithaca, Newswatch, Fake Out and Sports Final.

Leadership Retreat applications now open for interested students

The 2021 Social Action Leadership Retreat (SALR) will be happening from 4 p.m. Nov. 12 to 6 p.m. Nov. 13. SALR is an interactive experience where student-leaders can acquire new insight to incorporate in their activism, reflect on their identities and strengthen their activism.

The event is sponsored by the Office of Student Engagement and the Office of Religious and Spiritual Life. The event will be held at a local retreat center.

All retreat materials, including meals, lodging and transportation are provided. There is no fee for students to apply or attend.

The retreat is open to all current students. Applications are now open and are due Oct. 11.

Information session about ICC to be held for interested students

Angela Gian-Cursio, Integrative Core Curriculum (ICC) program coordinator, will be holding office hours and drop-in hours for students who have questions about the ICC. There will be a focus on graduating students, who may have questions about their ePortfolios.

The office hours will begin Sept. 20 and run through Oct. 20. The office hours will be held over Zoom or in person in 127 Rothschild.

They will be held in person or virtually 2 to 4 p.m. on Mondays and 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesdays.

They will be held virtually only from 2:30 to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and 10:30 a.m. to noon on Thursdays. Office hours will be by appointment only on Fridays.

College to offer training focused on grief support for IC community

The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life is co-hosting an hour and a half training with the Office of Case Management.

The training is called “How to Support Grieving Students on Campus” and free lunch will be available afterward. The interactive workshop will encourage participants to explore their own history of and beliefs about grief. Participants will examine how their own beliefs affect the way they support others and learn strategies to be present to those who are in pain.

The training will be led by Mandi Zucker, founder and president of Inner Harbor, a mental health resource for young adults. Inner Harbor is an organization dedicated to providing support for grieving students, as well as education for college-age students on how to prepare them to be better allies and supporters for others in times of grief.

Zucker has had over 20 years of experience in the field of death, dying and bereavement. She is also an experienced presenter, trainer and grief support group facilitator.

The training will be held from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Sept. 24 in the gathering hall in Muller Chapel. The training is limited to 25 participants.

School of Music announces series of new guest musicians for year

The guest musicians series will kick off with the Angela and William Haines Young Concert Artists Residency, which will feature one recent winner of the Young Concert Artists Competition in New York City each semester.

In the spring semester, ArcoMusica will perform at 8:15 p.m. Feb. 8, 2022 at Ford Hall.

The long-running Rachel S. Thaler Concert Pianist Series will welcome Janina Fialkowska for a concert at 8:15 p.m. Feb. 14, 2022 in Ford Hall.

Violinist Pamela Frank, joined by pianist Stephen Prutsman, will give a concert at 8:15 p.m. March 29, 2022 in Ford Hall, presented by Louis K. Thaler Concert Violinist Series.

The spring semester will also see the return of the Harlem Quartet. Their performance will be at 4 p.m. April 3, 2022 in Ford Hall.

Finishing the season will be the spring presentation of the Haines Young Concert Artists Residency, double bassist Xavier Foley.

The concert will be held at 8:15 p.m. April 6, 2022 in Ford Hall.

Applications are open for spring Residential Assistant positions

Applications are now open for students who are interested in working as residential assistants (RA) for the spring semester.

In order to apply, applicants must attend at least one information session and fill out an application with a resume and two references. One reference must be a current RA.

Information sessions were held from 7 to 8 p.m. Sept. 21 in the Ithaca Falls room in the Campus Center and 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sept. 22 in Friends Hall, room 302. Additional sessions will be held 4 to 5 p.m. Oct. 1 in Friends Hall, room 203 and 12:10 to 1 p.m. Oct. 7 in Williams room 302. Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. Oct. 17 and references are due by 5 p.m. Oct. 20.

Students can present at workshop for Student Leadership Institute

The Office of Student Engagement (OSE) is seeking students and faculty to present a Student Leadership Institute (SLI) workshop for Block 2 of Fall 2021. Participants can choose the date and time for their workshop during Block 2. Interested students and faculty are required to fill out the SLI Proposal Form, which is due Sept. 27.

$1275
$2000