$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefs Sept. 8

Shared Governance Task Force still working on proposal draft

Last year, Ithaca College began exploring means of instituting a model of shared governance on campus. This would call for shared responsibility among the different components of institutional government and its specification of areas of primary responsibility for governing boards, administrations and faculties, according to the American Association of University Professors.

The college set up its Shared Governance Task Force on the basis of a resolution passed by the Ithaca College Board of Trustees at its October 2015 meeting. The task force recently released an Intercom update, which said it is still working on a proposal to develop a model of shared governance at the college. The members of the task force have met twice since the beginning of the semester and have been working to create a draft of a proposed shared governance charter, which will be shared with the campus community.

Following the completion of all components of the proposal draft, the task force plans to create a “roll-out” plan to get feedback from members from the campus community and then present a final shared governance proposal incorporating that feedback to the board of trustees in time for its March 2017 meeting.

Hangar Theatre presents play about Israeli-Palestinian conflict

The Hangar Theatre will present a production of the acclaimed off-Broadway show “Wrestling Jerusalem,” which will run Sept. 7–10, beginning at 7:30 p.m. each night.

The production aims to show the Israeli-Palestinian conflict from different perspectives as it follows one man’s journey to understand the situation. The main character’s story is one that explores the complexities associated with identity, history and social justice.

Financial support for the production comes from donors Mary Kane and Jess Nadelman, the Hess Legacy Fund of the Community Foundation, the Community Foundation’s Tompkins Today and Tomorrow Fund, and an Action Grant from the New York Council for the Humanities.

Tickets are sold at http://hangartheatre.org/events/wrestling.html.

DIIS assistant to leave college following 7 years in department

Marishya Weiss, assistant to the associate vice president in the Department of Digital Instruction and Information Services, will be leaving Ithaca College after working at the campus for seven years. Her last day will be Sept. 9. She first began at the college as a business coordinator and then began managing the DIIS business team before assuming her current position.

A small gathering open to the campus community to commemorate her service to the college was held Sept. 6 in Job Hall.

Workshop on meditation to cater to those with no prior experience

Ithaca College will have a meditation workshop starting this month. The workshop will consist of four sessions, which will teach a variety of meditation techniques, including seated and walking meditation. Any member of the campus community is invited to join the workshop, and it is not necessary for participants to have any prior experience with meditation.

There will be two sections of the meditation workshop. The first section, taught by Paul Mikowski, a psychologist in the Center for Counseling, Health and Wellness, will meet for four Tuesdays from 4 to 5:15 p.m. beginning Sept. 13. The second section will meet for four Thursdays from 4 to 5:15 p.m. beginning Sept. 15 and will be taught by Mary Ann Erickson, associate professor and chair of the Department of Gerontology.

For more information or to register for the workshop, interested individuals can email [email protected].

Office of Facilities holding auction online to sell surplus vehicles

The Office of Facilities is using online auction company Auctions International to sell 22 extra vehicles and two small snow-plowing machines, which the institution no longer needs. The auction is live and will run through Sept. 14.

Those interested can access the auction by going to http://auctionsinternational.com/auction/8681. This page includes instructions for how to create an account and place a bid. Those who wish to ask specific questions about the vehicles or equipment or would like to see them in person can email [email protected].

$1495
$2000