$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

College Briefs Sept. 9

Abbey London/The Ithacan
Sophomore Emily Poole gathers flowers Sept. 6 at Indian Creek Farm for Rosh Hashanah. Hillel at Ithaca College organized an evening service followed by a banquet Sept. 6 in the Emerson Suites to celebrate Rosh Hashanah this year. The holiday concluded Sept. 8.

IC business society is awarded for reaching distinguished level

Ithaca College’s Beta Alpha Psi Chapter was recognized as a Distinguished Level Chapter by the Beta Alpha Psi International Board of Directors. Beta Alpha Psi is a nonprofit international honor and service organization for accounting, finance and business analytics students.

The Beta Alpha Psi Chapter at the college achieved this recognition by attending professional events and providing services to local communities.

Additionally, the members of Beta Alpha Psi achieved second place in the International Competition for Best Practice for Investing in the Community.

The students presented on designing and hosting a virtual tutoring lab.

College seeks student feedback regarding summer orientation

The Office of New Student and Transition Programs at the college is seeking orientation feedback from students, faculty, staff and orientation student staff who were involved in the 2021 orientation.

The online feedback survey is available at this link: https://ithaca.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_080zgzr30YbLsmq.

The survey provided by the office includes areas to submit highlights and concerns that campus community members had with orientation, as well as any recommendations for future orientation sessions.

Committee seeking submissions from students for design contest

The Martin Luther King Celebration Committee is encouraging all students to submit a design to be featured on the T-shirt that will be available to attendees of the MLK Celebration in January 2022.

Students can also submit a design on behalf of their student organization. Submissions are due at 11:59 p.m. Sept. 26 and will be reviewed by the committee. A winner will be announced before fall break. Designs can be submitted on IC Engage.

Physical therapy clinic offering services for performance students

The free clinic will be open every Thursday from 10 a.m to noon at the OT/PT Clinic in the Center for Health Sciences, Room 401. Free injury evaluations will be offered for all performing arts students.

Any musician or dancer experiencing pain may be assessed by a therapist to receive helpful suggestions and to discuss whether further treatment is necessary. Musicians should bring their instrument.

All attendees of the clinic must complete the daily COVID-19 symptom screening. Students will have to show their daily health badge. All others will be asked screening questions when they arrive.

Clinic members are using heightened personal protective equipment in the clinic, including face coverings, masks and goggles. The clinic is also following recommended infection control procedures to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission.

Students to hold weekly clinic for personal finance information

The personal finance clinic is managed by finance students in the wealth management concentration. The clinic is available for any interested students who have questions regarding personal finance. The clinic will be held 5 to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 5 to 7 p.m. on Fridays and 2 to 4 p.m. on weekends. It is located in Job Hall, Room 160.

The clinic is for information purposes and not intended to provide investment advice. Students should consult their own registered professional planner for any specific financial service needs.

AAUP chapter to hold meeting for interested faculty member

The Ithaca College chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) will be holding its first general meeting for 2021–22 academic year. The meeting will take place from 4 to 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10 virtually. All interested faculty members are welcome to participate.

Agenda items at the meeting may include: A public statement regarding the presidential search process, approaches to formulating a more fully equitable governance structure, the status of workload as a governance issue, COVID-19 protocols at the college and the current financial status of the institution.

Another possible agenda topic includes discussing issues of administrative and faculty collaboration relative to a number of changes that occurred over the summer, like the closure of the Academic Advising Center; the relocation of the Department of Theater Arts to the James J. Whalen School of Music and the elevation of ICC related course caps.

$1375
$2000