$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Ithaca College announces Class of 2022 commencement plans

Arla Davis/The Ithacan
Ithaca College will hold two in-person commencement ceremonies for the Class of 2022 on May 22, 2022. Commencement for the Class of 2021 was held in person in the A&E Center on May 23. Students were allowed to walk across the stage to receive their diplomas, however, guests were not permitted.

Ithaca College will hold two in-person commencement ceremonies for the Class of 2022 on May 22, 2022.

The ceremonies will be held in the Glazer Arena in the Athletics and Events (A&E) Center, interim President La Jerne Cornish said in an email to the Class of 2022 Oct. 25. One ceremony will be at 9 a.m. and the other at 3 p.m., each with 650 graduates. Students can pick which ceremony they would like to walk in. Information regarding signing up for a ceremony will be sent to the Class of 2022 in February 2022. Both ceremonies will be for students who are graduating in October and December 2021, and in May, June, August, October and December 2022. The members of the Class of 2022 will be provided with six tickets for guests, Cornish said in the announcement.

The college previously announced that students graduating in December would not be able to walk in the following May Commencement ceremony. This change goes into effect in December 2022, however those graduates can walk in May 2022.

Commencement for the Class of 2021 was held in person in the A&E Center on May 23. Students were allowed to walk across the stage to receive their diplomas, however, guests were not permitted. 

Cornish said she saw how meaningful it was to have students be able to have a traditional graduation and get to walk and graduate with their friends.

“Mostly, we saw how this final moment of our students’ IC experience must be protected and preserved — never more true than for this Class of 2022, which has weathered such adversity during your college experience,” she said.

$1375
$2000