$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Thursday, Jan. 30

What’s happening today
Today’s top news and events

1. The Women’s Chorale will be opening for Ladysmith Black Mambazo at 7:30 p.m. tonight at the State Theatre. Tickets are available online for $29.50.

2. The Hammond Health Center will be holding a walk-in flu vaccine clinic from 2–4 p.m. Jan. 30. The clinic comes in response to a surge of influenza cases on campus. The clinic will be open to all students, faculty and staff.

3. WICB and VIC will hold their Spring 2014 Rush Night at 7 p.m. tonight in the Park Hall Auditorium. Students from all majors can attend the recruitment session and join the radio team.

In Today’s Paper
Don’t have time to pick up today’s issue of The Ithacan? Read the highlights here.

News: Ithaca College’s African Students Association is gaining international attention through a photo campaign they released to break down stereotypes commonly associated with Africa and Africans. The campaign follows the group’s theme for this year: “Celebrating our ancestors.” Read about the group’s campaign in this week’s News section.

Accent: Senior Stephanie Lee, an art major with a minor in still photography and a native of Jamaica, is attempting to bring her home country’s economic issues to light through her senior art thesis. Her year-long senior project takes a different spin on photojournalism by blending photography, newspaper articles and painting into cohesive and striking portraits of poor Jamaicans. Read about Lee’s project in this week’s Accent section.

Opinion: Ithaca College Active Minds has launched a petition to increase mental health resource visibility on Google. It proposed a style similar to Tumblr, in which a window listing resources pops up when a user enters a self-harm or suicide-related term Active Minds identifies in its petition. Though some express concerns of censorship, this setup could help countless people with mental illness. Read our editorial on the petition in this week’s Opinion section.

$1495
$2000