•  

September 23, 2020   |   Ithaca, NY

News

New positive COVID-19 case at IC, TC3 extends remote learning

A third member of the Ithaca College community has tested positive for COVID-19, and Tompkins Cortland Community College (TC3) has extended its remote learning period to Sept. 11.

The Ithaca College COVID-19 dashboard states that as of Sept. 7, there are three members of the college community who have tested positive for COVID-19. The college announced that two graduate students who live off campus had tested positive for COVID-19 on Sept. 4.

TC3 announced that it would move to remote learning for Sept. 3–4 after six students tested positive for COVID-19. It announced Sept. 6 that it was extending remote instruction until Sept. 11 out of an abundance of caution and for contact tracing to be conducted after new COVID-19 cases were discovered. TC3 did not announce how many students tested positive.

Ithaca College is holding testing for those who are asymptomatic in the Athletics and Events Center from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 10 for students and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 15, 16, 22, 23, 29 and 30 for students and employees.

Students who are symptomatic are not allowed on campus and must go to the sampling site at The Shops at Ithaca Mall.

Alexis Manore can be reached at amanore@ithaca.edu or via Twitter: @AlexisManore