$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Search begins for H&S dean

Kathleen Rountree, provost and vice president of academic affairs, appointed seven faculty members, one staff member, one administrator and one student to the School of Humanities and Sciences Dean Search Committee on Friday.

Laurie Arliss, professor and chair of the speech communication department, will serve as the chair for the committee.

Other committee members include Brian McAree, vice president for student affairs and campus life; Arlene Dende, administrative assistant for the mathematics department; Cynthia Henderson, associate professor of theater arts; Jean Hardwick, associate professor of biology; Stan Seltzer, associate professor and chair for the mathematics department; Elia Kacapyr, professor and chair for the economics department; Michael Twomey, professor of English; Sharon Stansfield, associate professor of computer science; and senior Anthropology major Hy V. Huynh.

Henderson said she is honored to be on the committee and is looking forward to the search.

“[The search] is going to have a huge impact on faculty, staff and students,” she said. “I’m honored, [but] it’s a hefty responsibility.”

The committee will hold its first official meeting Tuesday.

$1495
$2000