$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College crew rows to multiple top finishes

The Ithaca College women’s crew had four boats finish in the top four in its home regatta against the University of Rochester and Rochester Institute of Technology at Cayuga Inlet. The men had three out of five top finishes.

In the women’s varsity eight, the Bombers took first by a large margin, finishing the race in 7:24.88. The boat consisted of sophomores Libby Burns and Karina Feitner, juniors Jacqueline McDevitt and Emily Vosburg, seniors Emily Morley, Katie Ely and Krista Syracuse, and graduate student Jennie Peterson. RIT came in second at 7:34.68.

The Bombers also got the top spot in the third varsity eight heat with a time of 8:08.99, fewer than four seconds quicker than the South Hill squad’s second-place finishing boat.

The Bombers won the novice eight in 7:50.89, 25 seconds faster than second place RIT. The boat consisted of freshmen Maddie Trombley, Greta O’Hara, Abby Mellinger, Savannah Brija, Rachel Smullen, Olivia DeLaurentiis, Meredyth Busam, Waverly Datner and Lindsey Caliga.

The Bombers had three entries in the varsity four with McDevitt, Burns, sophomore Colby D’Onofrio, junior Rebecca Veninsky and senior coxswain Melinda Keene winning with a time of 8:25.65.

On the men’s team, the varsity eight boat of freshman Max Halliday, sophomore Stephen Cadoux and coxswain Ben Zerivitz, juniors Alex Martin and William Brown, and seniors Devin Dyson, Drew Erskine, Branden George and Alex Lynn came in first in 6:56.56, almost 14 seconds faster than second place RIT.

Erskine, Cadoux, Halliday and coxswain Zerivitz also won the varsity four with a time of 7:29.77. The second place spot was also taken by the Bombers with a time of 7:39.81.

The C boat of sophomores Nick Cahill and Alex Reed and juniors Johnston Tucker, John Posca and coxswain Sydney Eckstein beat the Bombers’ B boat of Martin, Dyson, Brown, Lynn and sophomore coxswain Jackie Squire with a time of 7:52.13. The B boat had crossed the finish line in 7:52.78.

The Bombers return at 11 a.m. April 9 to the Cayuga Inlet to host Skidmore College, St. Lawrence University and Smith College.

$1495
$2000