$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Ithaca College women’s soccer defeats RIT in final minutes

Senior+Lindsey+Parkins+dribbles+the+ball+in+the+Bombers+game+Oct.+4+at+Carp+Wood+Field.+The+Bombers+won+2%E2%80%931.+
TEDDY ZERIVITZ/THE ITHACAN
Senior Lindsey Parkins dribbles the ball in the Bombers game Oct. 4 at Carp Wood Field. The Bombers won 2–1.

The Ithaca College women’s soccer team defeated the Rochester Institute of Technology 2–1 Oct. 4 at Carp Wood Field. This is the Bombers’ second consecutive win as they improve their record to 6–1–2.

The first half was a gritty defensive game, as both teams combined for seven shots. The game was tied 0–0 at the end of the half.

The Bomber’s offensive attack came out much more aggressively in the second half. In the 51st minute, senior forward Jocelyn Ravesi scored her seventh goal of the season.

Sophomore goalkeeper Stacey Digiorgio had her first assist of the season, something that is uncommon for goalies.

‘’It was pretty good,” DiGiorgio said. “It’s a little weird for me to get an assist, but it was a good feeling.

The Tigers answered back in the 75th minute with a goal by sophomore midfielder Danielle Losquadro, assisted by freshman forward Abbey Saia.

A mistake from Tiger goalkeeper led to the go ahead goal for the Bombers in the 87th minute. Ravesi got on the scoresheet again with her second goal. She was assisted by fellow senior midfielder Taylor Baranowsky.

Ravesi said the senior leadership on the team helped secure the win.

“It has a huge effect,” she said. “Us seniors click really well when we are on the field. It most impacts our underclassmen because we are tough on them, but it helps them grow.’’

The Bombers outshot the Tigers 25–8 in the game.

Head coach Mindy Quigg said one way the Bombers can improve is by finishing more of their shots.

‘’Once we start finishing these opportunities we are getting, we will be playing to our potential,” Quigg said.

The Bombers will play Alfred University at 12 p.m. Oct. 8 at Carp Wood Field. The Saxons are currently 7–3.

$1260
$2000