$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Men’s lacrosse team picks up another Empire 8 win

The Ithaca College men’s lacrosse team extended its win streak to 12 games after the Bombers defeated the Alfred University Saxons 22–11 in an Empire 8 Conference matchup. The 22 goals for the Bombers is the highest this season.

The Blue and Gold, riding high off their win against the Rochester Institute of Technology earlier in the week, started a little slow in this game, giving up the game’s first two goals after Alfred’s Joe Fornataro sliced through Bombers defense.

The Bombers answered back late in the first quarter when sophomore midfielder Michael Walker and junior attackman John Januszkiewicz found the back of the net.

Alfred didn’t back down lightly though, stealing the lead right back in the second quarter as Fornataro completed his hat-trick, one of the few bright spots for the Saxons.

It was at this point when the Bombers turned it on, going on a 7–1 run to close out the half leading 9–4. Junior attackman Jack Shumway, freshman midfielder Conner Crosson, Januszkiewicz and Walker all led the late second quarter surge, adding goals and assists.

The second half was much of the same as the Bombers continued the offensive attack, adding 13 second-half goals.

The teams traded goals back and forth throughout the second half, but four-goal and three-goal runs by the South Hill squad helped put the Saxons out of reach.

Freshman midfielder Josh Della Puca scored once, and sophomore midfielder Greg Drillock added a goal as the Bombers built on their impressive first half.

Senior captain Eli Gobrecht dished out two assists and added five ground balls as he led a solid back line.

Januszkiewicz finished the game with seven goals and one assist off 11 shots, while Shumway followed his lead, adding five goals off 10 shots to lead the Blue and Gold.

Senior goalkeeper Scott Sidnam made ten saves and recorded another complete-game win.

The Bombers, who are closing their regular season out on a three-game road trip, will play at 4 p.m. April 27 when they travel to Elmira, New York, to face the Elmira Soaring Eagles for an Empire 8 duel.

$1495
$2000