$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Swimming and diving hosts eleven teams for Bomber Invitational

Seven+swimmers+compete+in+the+Bomber+Invitational+on+Dec.+5+at+the+Athletics+and+Events+Center.+The+mens+swimming+and+diving+team+placed+seventh+out+of+11+teams+overall.+
KAIT TURKETT/ THE ITHACAN
Seven swimmers compete in the Bomber Invitational on Dec. 5 at the Athletics and Events Center. The men’s swimming and diving team placed seventh out of 11 teams overall.

The men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams hosted 11 teams from Divisions I, II and III for the Bomber Invitational from Dec. 4 through Dec. 6 in the Athletics and Events Center. Both squads placed seventh and fourth overall, respectively.

The men started off strong on the first night of competition, with senior Addison Hebert placing fifth in the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 1:58.06, while freshman Aaron Levin finished 11th in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 21.67.

The Bombers 200-yard medley relay, consisting of freshman Bradley Keith, sophomore Aidan, Hartswick, Levin and Hebert, touched in at 1:37.11, earning them fifth place.

Meanwhile on the other end of the pool, freshman Scott Hillen compiled a score of 376.30 in the 1-meter diving competition, putting him in 10th place.

On the second day of competition, the 200-yard freestyle relay team of Hebert, senior Jon Husson, senior Jeremy Kingsley and Levin, touched in at 1:26.33 for a fourth-place finish.

Levin and Hartswick both earned top-10 finishes in their individual events, with Levin placing 10th in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:46.57 and Hartswick placing ninth in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 59.86.

Hillen followed up his 10th-place finish on day one with a seventh place showing in the 3-meter diving competition on day two.

The distance swimmers opened the final session on Sunday, finishing the 1,650-yard freestyle within 20 seconds of one another. Senior Keith Dougherty came in eighth, followed by senior Justin Barwick in ninth and sophomore Marshall Hendlin in 10th.

In the 100-yard individual medley, Hebert finished in sixth with a time of 53.82. Levin secured another top-10 finish, coming in at eighth place with a time of 47.16 in the 100-yard freestyle.

The Blue and Gold would have another strong outing in the relay events, with the 400-yard freestyle relay team of Kingsley, Hebert, Hartswick and Levin coming in at fifth place with its time of 3:10.11.

Meanwhile on the women’s side, junior Lake Duffy achieved a NCAA B cut in the 50-yard freestyle, coming in at second place with a time of 23.83. In the 200-yard medley relay, senior Megan Zart, freshman Jaclyn Pecze, junior Samantha Reilly and Duffy clocked in at 1:49.04 for fifth place.

Sophomore Anna Belson posted a 426.60 in the 3-meter diving competition to round out the night, placing her in first place by over six points. Sophomore Katie Helly came in third with a score of 408.30 to round out the first night of competition for the women.

The Bombers opened the second day with a third-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle relay, with the team of Duffy, Pecze, Zart and senior Lauren Cox coming in at 1:38.30.

Freshman Casey Koenig finished in eighth place in the 200-yard butterfly, while Reilly came in 10th in the 100-yard breaststroke.

Belson again claimed victory in the diving portion, winning the 1-meter diving event with a score of 388.10, while Helly placed seventh with a score of 353.25.

During the last day of competition, junior Brenna Dowd placed 10th in the 1650-yard freestyle with a time of 18:14.42 and Reilly placed 8th eighth in the 100-yard individual medley with a time of 1:01.98.

Duffy followed up her second-place finish in the 50-yard freestyle on day one with a fifth-place finish in the 100-yard freestyle on day three, and while freshman Hannah Parbst placed seventh in the 200-yard breaststroke.

The both the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams will return to action at noon Jan. 16 for the Henry Kumpf Invite at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York.

$1260
$2000