$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Swimming and diving teams sweep first meet of 2015–16 season

Alexis Liberatore/The Ithacan
Senior Megan Zart swims in the 50-yard butterfly during the women’s swimming and diving meet Oct. 24 at the Athletics and Events Center. Zart finished in first place.

The men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams began the season strong by defeating SUNY Brockport and SUNY Fredonia on Oct. 24 at the Athletics and Events Center.

The women ended up defeating Brockport 229.0–65.0 and followed with a victory against Fredonia 204.0–90.0. The men pulled away from Brockport 229.0–62.0 and handed Fredonia a 199.0–100.0 loss.

The meet started strong for the women when senior Megan Zart, senior Lauren Cox, freshman Libby Corlett and junior Sam Reilly beat out four other entries in the 200-yard medley relay, earning a time of 1:53:46.

Zart went on to win in the individual 50-yard butterfly with a time of 28.27, while Cox went on to team up with junior Lake Duffy, freshman Jackie Pecze and senior Michelle Heidgerken for a first-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a time of 1:42.98.

Freshman Casey Koenig won in her Bomber debut in the 100-yard butterfly in one of 10 first-place finishes for the Bombers.

Other first-place finishes included Duffy in the 100-yard freestyle, Reilly in the 100-yard backstroke, junior Cat Tompkins in the 500-yard freestyle, Corlett in the 50-yard backstroke and Heidgerken in the 1,000-yard freestyle.

On the men’s side, the Bombers would also triumph in the 200-yard medley relay. Freshman Aaron Levin, sophomore Aidan Hartswick, senior Vincent Dodero and senior Jonathon Husson beat five other teams, posting a time of 1:39.44.

Senior Addison Hebert ended up taking first-place finishes in three events: the 100-yard freestyle, the 200-yard freestyle and the 500-yard freestyle. He was a major contributor to the Bombers’ 11 first-place finishes.

Senior James Bowe dominated in the 50-yard breaststroke and the 100-yard breaststroke, taking first place in both events with times of 27.91 and 1:01.12, respectively.

In the deep end of the pool, the Bombers were successful as well. Sophomore Anna Belson posted a score of 248.50 in the 3-meter diving event, taking home second place for the Bombers. Freshman Scott Hillen secured fourth place in the 1-meter diving event with a score of 237.20.

The South Hill squad will look to follow its strong performance 2 p.m. Oct. 31 when it takes on Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York.

$1375
$2000