$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Volleyball wins all four games in Buttermaker Invitational

After coming off a win at home against SUNY Oswego Sept. 6, the Ithaca College Bombers volleyball team looked to improve its 3–2 record at the Buttermaker Invitational Sept. 9–10 in Allentown, Pennsylvania. The Bombers won all four of their games and now hold a six-game win streak.

In their first game of the invitational against the University of Scranton Sept. 9, the Bombers swept the Royals in three close sets by the scores of 25–23, 30–28 and 25–22. The Bombers had 18 kills between both the second and third sets to take the match. In the second set however, it took the Bombers eight extra points to win the set.

Sophomore middle hitter Amanda Cerruti led the team with 13 kills and 7 blocks while sophomore opposite outside hitter Hailey Adler had three aces, freshman setter, Caitlyn Floyd had 22 assists and sophomore defensive specialist Tara Stilwell led the team with 20 digs.

After their battle against the Royals, the Bombers faced DeSales University, who have a 5–0 record on the season.

The Bomber swept the Bulldogs in three tough and close sets by the scores of 25–22, 25–21, and 25–20. The team got out to an early lead in the first set, and they finished the set strong after a three-point run late in the set.

In the win, junior outside hitter Joelle Goldstein led the team with 11 kills, freshman outside hitter Taylor McCarthy had two aces, Cerruti led with the team with eight blocks, Floyd had 22 assists and Stilwell led with 20 digs.

Day two of the Buttermaker Invitational consisted of the Bombers battling the tournament-host Muhlenberg College and Cabrini University.

The Bombers swept Muhlenberg in three sets by the scores of 25–22, 25–13 and 25–20. The team had three, three-point runs and a four-point run to take the first set.

They also had a four-point run and two five-point runs late in the second set. In the third and final set, the Bombers were down by four early in the set as Muhlenberg went on a five-point run. The Bombers continued to fight and they finally tied the game up 10–10 after a three-point run. It became a back-and-forth battle for a while until the Bombers came up with the win in the match.

The Bombers final game of the tournament was against Cabrini University. The team swept the Cavaliers in three sets by the scores of 25–22, 25–20 and 25–17. The Bombers moved to 7–2 overall and went 4–0 on the weekend.

The Bombers will play Sept. 17–18 at the Franklin and Marshall Scramble in Lancaster, Pennsylvania against Mellon University, Stevenson University, Franklin and Marshall College and Eastern University.

$1495
$2000