Halloween weekend marks another action-packed weekend for the Ithaca College Bombers.
The weekend will kick off with the volleyball team traveling to Saratoga Springs, New York, to participate in the Skidmore College Invitational Oct. 28–29. On the first day, the Bombers will take on SUNY New Paltz at 5 p.m. The following day, the Blue and Gold will compete against SUNY Potsdam at 10 a.m. and SUNY Geneseo at noon. The volleyball team will enter this weekend after securing the second seed in the Empire 8 Tournament.
Women and men’s crew, as well as the sculling team, will travel to Philadelphia to compete at the Head of the Schuylkill at 8 a.m. Oct. 29.
The postseason begins this weekend for men’s and women’s cross-country as the teams travel to Oneonta, New York, to compete at the Empire 8 Championship at 11 a.m. Oct. 29 at Hartwick College.
Women’s soccer will play against Stevens Institute of Technology at 12 p.m. Oct. 29 in Hoboken, New Jersey, in an Empire 8 conference game. Stevens is currently ranked first in the Empire 8 with a conference record of 7–0. The Bombers will look to senior leadership in order to be lifted over the Ducks.
The men and women’s swimming and diving teams will host their first home meet of the season against Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute at 1 p.m. Oct. 29. Both teams will look to earn their third consecutive wins of the season.
The field hockey team will travel to Elmira College to compete in its last regular–season game at 1 p.m. Oct. 29. The Bombers are currently ranked fourth in the Empire 8 with an overall record of 6–7 and a conference record of 4–3. A win against the Eagles will secure the Bombers a spot in the Empire 8 Championship.
For its last regular season game, men’s soccer will travel to Rochester, New York, to take on Empire 8 competitor St. John Fisher College at 2 p.m. Oct. 29. The Bombers clinched a spot in the Empire 8 Tournament with 2–0 win over Alfred University Oct. 15. However, the game this weekend will determine their seed.
After a 34–0 win over Morrisville State last weekend, the football team looks to build upon this success against St. John Fisher College. The Bombers will take on the No. 24 Cardinals at 1 p.m. Oct. 29 in Rochester, New York. The Blue and Gold defense played a strong game against the Mustangs, forcing five turnovers.
Full weekend game schedule:
- Volleyball will travel to Saratoga Springs, New York, to compete in the Skidmore College Invitational on Oct. 28–29. At 5.pm. Oct. 28, they will play SUNY New Paltz. On the second day, they will play against SUNY Potsdam and SUNY Geneseo at 10 a.m. and noon, respectively.
- Men’s and women’s crew and sculling will compete in the Head of the Schuylkill at 8 a.m. Oct. 29 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Men’s and women’s cross-country will compete at the Empire 8 Championship at 11 a.m. Oct. 29 at Hartwick College in Oneonta, New York.
- Women’s soccer will compete against Stevens Institute of Technology at noon Oct. 29 in Hoboken, New Jersey.
- Men’s and women’s swimming and diving will host Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute at 1 p.m. Oct. 29 at the Athletic and Events Center.
- Field hockey will play against Elmira College at 1 p.m. Oct. 29 in Elmira, New York.
- Men’s soccer will play St. John Fisher College at 2 p.m. Oct. 29 in Rochester, New York.
- Football will challenge No. 24 St. John Fisher College at 1 p.m. Oct. 29 in Rochester, New York.