$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Weekly Recap: Swimming and diving sweeps meet against Saxons

Sophomore+Anna+Belson+flips+her+way+to+a+first+place+finish+in+the+one-meter+diving+event+at+the+Dick+Comanzo+Diving+Invitational+Jan.+24.+
TOMMY BATTISTELLI/THE ITHACAN
Sophomore Anna Belson flips her way to a first place finish in the one-meter diving event at the Dick Comanzo Diving Invitational Jan. 24.

The Ithaca College men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams defeated Alfred University, winning by final scores of 211–81 and 230–65, respectively, Jan. 23 at the Athletics and Events Center.

The women took first in the 200-yard medley relay race, with the team of seniors Lainey Cohen and Lauren Cox, and juniors Grace Ayer and Erin Hackett finishing in 1:55.44. The Bombers continued their winning streak with junior Brenna Dowd taking first place in the 1,000-yard freestyle and junior Samantha Reilly winning the 100-yard backstroke.

Senior Megan Zart sped past her competitors to earn herself the a first-place spot in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 25.80, only .10 seconds ahead of the second-place finisher.

Sophomore Nilza Costa and freshman Zoe Vadney earned first and second place in the 200-yard butterfly.

In the diving portion of the meet, the Bombers looked strong as well. Sophomore Anna Belson took first place in the 1-meter and the 3-meter diving events for the women. The Bombers also earned the five out of the top six spots in the women’s 1-meter event.

On the men’s side, the quartet of seniors Addison Hebert and Jon Husson, sophomore Aidan Hartswick and freshman Bradley Keith were able to touch the wall in first with a time of 1:39.89, with two more Bomber quartets following right behind. Right after the squad took first in the 200-yard medley relay, senior Keith Dougherty took first in the 1,000-yard freestyle and senior Justin Barwick finished second.

Freshman Aaron Levin, Husson and senior Jeremy Kingsley finished first, second, and third in the 50-yard freestyle. Freshman Scott Hillen won both the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events.

The squads went on the compete in the Dick Comanzo Diving Invitational on Jan. 24. The women grabbed the top five finishes in the 1-meter, with Belson, sophomore Katie Helly, sophomore Lindsey Suddaby, sophomore Alyssa Wishart and freshman Mariah Dodero taking first through fifth place. Belson would go on to win the 3-meter as well, followed by Suddaby, Helly, Wishart and Dodero in second through fifth place.

For the men, Hillen placed first on the 1-meter and second on the 3-meter.

The Bombers will face off against Union College at 2 p.m. Jan. 30 at the Athletics and Events Center.

$1495
$2000