$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Women’s basketball drops to 0–2 in loss to SUNY New Paltz

The women’s basketball team fell to 0–2 on the season after its second road loss against SUNY New Paltz by a score of 71–63 on Nov. 18 in New Paltz, New York.  

The Bombers took a five point lead into the final 10 minutes of the game, but the Hawks ended the game on a 21–8 run to bring home the victory.  

Junior guard Alex Gilligan led Bombers’ offense with 14 points off of 28 percent shooting, while freshman guard Allie Tunick and junior forward Erin Ferguson also scored double figures with 13 and 12 points, respectively. Ferguson and fellow junior guard Ali Ricchiuti each grabbed nine rebounds for the Bombers in the loss.

Poor shooting plagued the Blue and Gold again as the team only shot 33.8 percent from field and only 60 percent from the free throw line.  

The difference in the game for the Bombers was turnovers, as New Paltz scored 24 points off of 21 of the Bombers turnovers while the Blue and Gold  were only able to force 12 turnovers for 10 points.  

New Paltz’s leading scorer was forward Courtney Irby with 14 points. Morgan Roessler led the Hawks with nine rebounds, four of which were offensive. While they did not shoot much better from the field, New Paltz did shoot well from the charity stripe, making 78.3 percent of shots.

The Bombers will look for their first win at 3 p.m. Nov. 20 when they have their home opener against Bard College in the first round of the Ithaca College Invitational at Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1495
$2000