$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College to open residence halls early due to winter storm

Ithaca College announced Jan. 20 it will be opening residence halls and Terrace Dining Hall early to accommodate students who wish to return early to avoid a major winter storm expected Jan. 23.

According to USA Today, the storm is expected to “drop 1–2 feet of snow from the Appalachians across the Mid-Atlantic and toward New York” and may be potentially “crippling.”

“While this storm is not anticipated to produce much snow in Ithaca, we have many students and families who live in areas that might receive a significant amount of snow and/or experience blizzard like conditions,” the college said in an announcement posted by Bonnie Prunty, director of Residential Life.

According to the announcement, students who lived on campus in the fall and need to return early should register their need to do so by completing the “Winter Break Registration form,” and they may return directly to their normal room. Students who are moving to a new location for the spring semester should go to their area office to pick up their keys and check in.

Students who need to return early but did not live on campus in the fall can register their need to do so by submitting an “Early Arrival Request form” and will need to go to their area office to pick up their keys and check in, according to the announcement.

Terrace Dining Hall will open with a limited menu Friday at noon, according to the announcement.

Those who have questions regarding information about returning to campus early can contact the Office of Residential Life at 607-274-3141.

$1495
$2000