$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefs 3/19

Sophomore+Jack+Violi+prays+with+other+students+after+the+Iftar+Community+Dinner+in+Muller+Chapel+on+Sunday+March+17.+
Caleb Kaufman
Sophomore Jack Violi prays with other students after the Iftar Community Dinner in Muller Chapel on Sunday March 17.

Office hours open for IC Web Team

Ithaca College’s Web Team has office hours open to answer questions about Drupal, the college’s content management system, site architecture, content types or any web-related question. The office hours will be one Wednesday and Thursday each month. Those interested must book a 30-minute session via the team’s Microsoft Bookings page with their Netpass ID and password. The upcoming 2024 office hours are from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. ​​March 20, April 4, April 17, May 2, June 19, July 18 and Aug. 21. Contact the IC Web Team at [email protected]

U-lot closed March 20 from 12 p.m.–8 p.m.

The U-lot will be closed to the Ithaca College community March 20. The lot will be reserved for Ed Tech Day between 12–8 p.m. Those impacted are advised to save extra time to find parking in either the O-lot or S-lot. Visit the interactive campus map to find alternative parking. 

Handwerker Gallery has two new art exhibitions and encourages seniors to submit art for the 2024 Senior Show.

Previews for the Handwerker Gallery will begin March 13. The gallery will begin showing the works of Will Hutnick and Geethanjana Kudaligamage to the public between March 21 through April 22. Hutnick’s solo exhibition, Changing Faster Than The Weather, will open with a reception between 5–6:30 p.m. March 21. 

Hutnick will remain on campus through the dates of the exhibition to complete a mural in the Whalen School of Music. The mural will stay on the campus as a longterm loan through the summer of 2025. Hutnick will complete the mural in time for his artist talk at 5 p.m. March 26 in the Handwerker Gallery. 

The gallery will also be presenting Red Parables, a solo exhibition by Kudaligamage, whose art has been heavily influenced by the Sri Lankan civil war spanning from 1983 to 2009. Kudaligamage will offer a walk-through and talk about his work during the March 21 reception at 5:30 p.m. 

Seniors are also encouraged to submit their work to the Handwerker Gallery. Students who have taken at least one art course or are in the Park School Thesis class in Fall 23 or Spring ’24 can submit their work until March 22. Jury sessions will take place during and after March 27. Show dates are May 219. Reach out to [email protected] with questions.

BOLD Scholar applications open until March 22

Sophomores are encouraged to apply to become a BOLD Scholar through the BOLD Women’s Leadership Network. Students who may be considered as candidates must: be enrolled as full-time students, will have earned sufficient credits to be considered a member of the Junior Class at the start of the Fall 2024 semester, have a minimum 3.0 CGPA (3.0 minimum GPA must be maintained throughout the program), be in good judicial standing and demonstrate financial need (FAFSA must be filed and each scholar’s personal situation will be reviewed with Student Financial Services team to determine need). Students must also demonstrate potential to be a leader in their field and promote the mission of the BOLD Women’s Leadership Network. Interviews will take place between April 1–12 and candidates will be announced April 19.

HSHP Polar Plunge raises money for the New York Special Olympics

The School of Health Sciences and Human Performance will be participating in a plunge at Cayuga Lake from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 23 through the New York Special Olympic Polar Plunge. Students will plunge into the cold waters after raising money from friends and family. Those who donate and help raise funds do not have to take part in the plunge but are still encouraged to donate and find others to donate. Find HSHP’s team for the plunge. Participants should enter through the Taughannock State Falls Park located at 1740 Taughannock Blvd., Trumansburg, NY. 

Hillel and Chabad celebrate Purim March 23 and 24

The Ithaca College community is invited to attend the Purim Drag Show and Purim Party Bus. The Purim Drag Show will be held from 7–8 p.m. March 24 in Emerson Suites. The event will feature the story of Purim being told by Drag Purim Spiel Disco Extravaganza and all the hamantaschen you can eat. The Purim Party Bus will drive around Ithaca College between 8:3010:30 p.m. March 23. Attendees are encouraged to show up in costume and enter raffles to win prizes. The bus will have a live map on IC Chabad’s Instagram account and will have mocktails, food and music.