$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Group Exercise Review 1: Cycling

On Thursday at 4:45 my friend and I arrived at the fitness center to try my first group workout in Ithaca.  The class starts at 5:15, but when it comes to the group classes it’s recommended to come at least 10 (or in cycling’s case, 30) minutes before the class starts so you can sign up on the computer.  There were only about 25 spots and getting there a half an hour early landed us 23 and 24.  Walking in, the stationary bikes are parked in the back and all the participants have to wheel them out to their desired positions.

The instructor at this time slot is Thomas: An enthusiastic graduate student in the Physical Therapy program.  Personally, I have never heard more motivating words come from a cycling instructor.  He never said anything about loosing weight: It was a series of phrases on pushing ourselves to not give up because there was a reason we came to the class that day.  It’s definitely worth it to go to hear amazing things that drive you to do better in other aspects of your day.

If you’re okay with a little bit of pain from the bicycle seats, sweating bullets and getting motivated this is an amazing class for you.

If you’re interested in taking cycling at any other times, here are the times listed on the Group Exercise page:

Monday 4:00- 4:45
Tuesday 6:15 – 7:00
Wednesday 7AM – 7:45
Wednesday 5:15 – 6:00
Thursday 5:15 – 6:00
Friday 12:05-12:50
Saturday 1:15 – 2
$1520
$2000