$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefing: Jan. 29

Students can request testing services online
Students can now request testing accommodations through IC Academic Workflow. Students no longer need to fill out paper requests. Instead, students, faculty and Student Accessibility Services will receive copies of each testing accommodation form that is submitted to maximize awareness of the information that has been requested by each student.

Many of the fields required on the form are based on the student‘s information on Homer Connect, so students don’t need to remember every detail about a course. In addition, students can only ask for accommodations they are approved for, eliminating some of the confusion from previous years. The submitted form automatically goes to the appropriate faculty member instead of SAS having to contact the faculty member after a paper form has been submitted, and students will know immediately if their form has been successfully submitted.

The form is available at the Academic Workflow website, and an instructional website to answer questions or concerns that may arise is accessible at www.ithaca.edu/awf/.

Row-a-thon to raise money for Habitat for Humanity
A row-a-thon will take place Jan. 30 from 8:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in the North Foyer of the Campus Center. Ithaca College Habitat for Humanity members and the varsity rowing team are hosting the event to raise awareness and money for Habitat builds and the crew activities.

Participants in the “Row for Humanity” event will be rowing on ergometers throughout the day. Crew members will be available to offer lessons to row the Concept2 Rowing Machine, and the event will include a contest to see who can pull the hardest for 100 meters and/or one minute for prizes. All members of the campus community are welcome to spectate the competition.

Scams target college students and personnel
The Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management have received notice from the FBI of two recent scams that target college and university personnel and students.

The first involves individuals contacting students electronically and providing them with the opportunity to make money by working from home. The scammer requests the student’s bank account information, claiming it is for the purpose of direct depositing their salary. The money that is deposited, however, is acquired illegally, and the student’s account is only being used as a funnel before the money ends up in other accounts for the scammer.

The other scam targets college and university employees. The scammer contacts them and claims a change in their human resources status requires them to log in to their employer’s HR page. The employee is provided with a link to a fraudulent page that looks like the actual HR page for their institution. The page then seizes their log-in information, which is used to access the individual’s actual HR self-service account and change the account their pay is deposited to.

All members of the campus community are encouraged to notify the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov if either of these activities are encountered.

Physical therapy major receives scholarship
The Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions awarded graduate student Candice Brown with a Scholarship of Excellence award. The scholarship program recognizes outstanding students in the allied health professions who are achieving excellence in their academic programs and have significant potential to acquire leaderships roles in the allied health professions.

Brown is enrolled in the six-year Clinical Health Sciences/Doctor of Physical Therapy program. She graduated cum laude from the B.S. portion of the physical therapy program in May 2014 and received a Campus Life Award, which recognized her contributions to the Ithaca College community. Brown is involved on campus with the Office of Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs and has become an active leader within the physical therapy professional association. She also serves as the college’s student liaison to the American Physical Therapy Association, is on the Physical Therapy Club executive board and is a member of the Global Health Special Interest Group.

Human Resources office begins Facebook page
The Ithaca College Office of Human Resources is launching an Ithaca College Employee Benefits and Work/Life Facebook page to better keep employees updated.

The Facebook page will also allow employees to learn more about the services offered by Human Resources’ benefit partners through various postings on the page. In addition, Human Resources will be providing a new segment to include Employee Benefits to the existing Work/Life Blog. The blog offers the most recent information on Work/Life and
Wellness-related news. It has been renamed the Employee Benefits and Work/Life Blog to include benefits-related material as well.

Employees interested in Human Resources updates can access the Employee Benefits and Work/Life Facebook page at facebook.com/ICHRBenefits, and the blog can be viewed at the Human Resources website.

$1495
$2000