$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefing: Nov. 6

Tom Reed takes the win in election for Congress
Republican party representative Tom Reed won the election for the 23rd Congressional District of New York for 2014, which occurred on Nov. 4. Martha Robertson was the candidate for the Democratic Party.
There were a total of 122,339 votes with 60 percent voting in favor of Reed and 40 percent voting in favor of Robertson.

Observatory to be open at night for the public
The Ithaca College Department of Physics and Astronomy will hold a Public Viewing Night from 8–10 p.m. on Nov. 7 at the Clinton B. Ford Observatory.
A shuttle will run regularly to transport people to and from the observatory and the front entrances of Smiddy Hall and the F-Lot side of the Center for Health Sciences. No parking will be available at the observatory, and there are no lights along the access road.
It is recommended that for safety purposes no one walks to the observatory.
In the case of bad weather, the decision for whether the event will need to be rescheduled will be made by 3:30 p.m. on the scheduled date and posted on the web page. In addition, the recorded message at the observatory will be updated.

Meditation workshops open to all IC students
Students are welcome to join Meditation: The Delights of Breathing, which will begin at noon on Nov. 13 in the Human Resources Conference Room.
Michael Faber, a lecturer in the musical performance department, will be presenting a short talk about the benefits of practicing meditation in the workplace, and an actual practice with small groups will follow.

IC announces new tool available for printing
The Center for Print Production has announced a new online print submission tool: WebCRD.
This new site will allow for faster and simpler print job submissions.
Some features of this new tool will include an interactive on-screen preview, instant estimates and job presets that will be more effective.
In addition, students will be able to order college letterheads, envelopes and business cards from this site.
This new site opened for use on Nov. 5.
In order to help with the transition from sending jobs through email to ordering them online through WebCRD, several training sessions will be available, and seating is limited. In order to sign up for the sessions and view dates and times, students, staff and faculty should visit the Center for Print Production’s page on the Ithaca College website.

Leadership nominations now available to public
Nominations for the Peggy R. Williams Award for Academic and Community Leadership are now available to students, faculty members and staff members.
This award is for juniors and seniors who excel in academic achievement, perform service to the Ithaca College community and who represent high levels of accomplishment.
Forms are available online on the Office for Student Engagement and Multicultural Affairs website. The student’s name, class standing and email address are required for nomination.
All of the nominations for the award must be received by 5 p.m. Nov. 14. This date is when eligible nominees will be sent an application form to complete. Only after submitting the form will the candidatesbe considered for the award.

$1495
$2000