$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefs Dec. 8

Office of Public Safety to hold grand opening for Satellite Office

The Office of Public Safety Satellite Office will have its grand opening from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Jan. 23.

Public Safety will be providing uninterrupted service at the satellite location at these hours Monday through Friday when classes are in session. Further into the semester, the office will reassess and provide additional opportunities for the campus community to provide feedback on the hours of operation, services and other interests.

The office is located on the second floor of the Campus Center, adjacent to the Information Desk — an attempt to make Public Safety more visible and accessible in the central part of campus. The goal is to create opportunities for engagement between officers and students, faculty and staff as well as guests and visitors.

Simeon’s to host brunch event for December 2016 graduates

Simeon’s is helping December graduates celebrate their graduation by having a brunch special from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 10. The Ithaca College Class of 2017 Cabinet is hosting the event. Tickets are $25 per person and include the prefix menu meal options of food, drink and gratuity. Alcoholic beverages are not included.

Graduates can purchase tickets from 10 to 11:30 a.m. or 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. time slots. Tickets will stop being sold two days prior to the event. Graduates can only purchase tickets in-person from 9 a.m. to
3 p.m. Dec. 6–8 in the Park Lobby and during the Senior Class Office hours in the Student Activities Center.

Plan for plowing residence hall parking lots to be implemented

A residence hall snow-plowing plan has been created to ensure campus safety, increase
thoroughness and reduce the time it takes to plow the parking lots usually utilized by students living in residence halls.

When snow accumulates to the height necessary to start the plan, residential students will be notified and instructed to move their vehicles to designated alternative parking lots between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. Unless there is a declared snow emergency, students will be given a notice at least 48 hours in advance through a message on Intercom and an email from the Office of Residential Life. When the plan is initiated, students will be instructed to move their vehicles from residence hall lots no later than 6 p.m. according to an online schedule from parking services at the college. Vehicles can be parked in their original parking lots at 9 p.m.

Project Look Sharp offers spring on-campus internships at IC

Project Look Sharp is an on-campus non-profit organization supporting media literacy integration into classrooms by providing media literacy curricula and workshops for educators. This spring, the team is offering one- to three-credit internships with flexible hours. Internships available are with directors Cyndy Scheibe and Chris Sperry.

Applicants should have prior experience with elementary-aged children, ages 5 through 12, in an afterschool program, camp or other educational context. Internships are also available in promotion and marketing with concentrations in database and website marketing, design marketing, social media marketing or media outreach marketing.

Applicants should go to the Project Look Sharp website and can apply online under ‘Internships’ in the bar, send in a form from the website to [email protected], or pick up a hard-copy application from 104 Williams Hall and return it to the same office.

Gerontology lecturer receives higher education honor for work

Lisa A. Kendall, lecturer in gerontology, is the recipient of the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education Part-time/Adjunct Faculty Honor.

This honor recognizes the contribution of a part-time faculty member who teaches gerontology or geriatrics courses. Nominees must show high-quality teaching and long-term
commitment to gerontology education.

Elizabeth Bergman, associate professor of gerontology, nominated Kendall and said she brings a wealth of professional experience to students, having worked with older adults. Kendall is a  psychotherapist and clinical gerontologist.

Kendall will be recognized at the 43rd annual meeting of the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education in March 2017 in Miami.

$1495
$2000