$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

College Briefs Feb. 25

IC Dining Services introduces updated mobile smartphone app

Sodexo has released a new mobile phone app that allows users from the campus community to access information related to the dining halls more efficiently. “Bite by Sodexo” can be downloaded for free on any smartphone’s web store.

In the app, users must enter Ithaca College’s code, U43H7, to find menus for all three dining halls on campus along with nutritional information for dishes. The hours of operation for the dining halls can also be viewed through Bite.

The app is designed to personalize the eating experience by giving users the opportunity to rate and save their favorite meals. The app will notify customers about special promotions and is compatible with Fitbit wearables.

Student organization to provide low-cost haircuts as fundraiser

The annual Shoshana Rudnick Inch-a-thon will be hosted by Hillel from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 7 in the North Foyer of Campus Center. The event will serve as a fundraiser for the Jewish nonprofit organization Shasheret, which supports breast cancer survivors and women who have recently been diagnosed with the disease.

All hair that is cut during the event will be donated to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Participants who have 8 inches of hair or more cut will pay no charge; other haircuts will cost $10. Professionals from Satori Spa and Center Haircutters will team with Hillel to provide the haircuts. Reservations for appointments can be made at http://bit.ly/inchathon.

Hair appointments will run every 20 minutes. Any questions about the event  should be directed to [email protected].  

Upcoming event will celebrate progress and discuss IC’s future

IC Onward, a collaboration of faculty and staff working to transform the system of governance at Ithaca College, is hosting an event to celebrate the progress of the campus community and start a conversation about community governance and the future of the college. Students, faculty and staff are invited, but upper-level administration and Ithaca College Board of Trustees members are not. The event will take place 7–9:30 p.m. March 8 in Emerson Suites. The group has a Facebook page, IC Onward, as well as a Twitter hashtag, “#ICOnward”.

Shared Governance Task Force collecting input from community

The Shared Governance Task Force is collecting input from the campus community in the form of a brief survey. It has also scheduled a series of listening sessions to allow the opportunity for discussions on how a shared governance system should be structured, what it should accomplish and how all campus constituencies should be involved in decisions and
policy discussions.

The first listening session will be held at 12:10 p.m. March 1 in Emerson Suites A. The second will be held at 8 p.m. March 2 in Textor 101, and the final session will be at 3 p.m. March 3 in Emerson Suites A and B. Those who are unable to attend or prefer to make suggestions in a less public forum are encouraged to fill out a feedback form, email [email protected] or contact any of the task force members. Information and updates will be posted at http://ithaca.edu/provost/sharedgovtaskforce2016.  

Faculty to present celebration for International Women’s Day

This year, Ithaca College faculty and staff from across disciplines will form a panel to discuss race, gender, sexualities and nation in media. The event will take place 5–6:30 p.m. March 8 in the Center for Faculty Excellence, located in 315 Gannett Center.

Participants will be offered coffee and cake as well as the opportunity to engage in small-group conversation regarding the aforementioned topics. The panelists will add insight to the discussion from their personal experiences as well as their specific disciplines.

Patricia Zimmermann, professor of media arts studies and sciences, will facilitate the panel, which is co-sponsored by organizations like the Park Center for Independent Media and Finger Lakes Environmental Film Festival.

Among the departments represented are strategic communication, women’s and gender studies and theater arts. For more information, email [email protected] or call 607-274-3431.

New meals and entertainment policy proposal seeks feedback

The Insitutional Effectiveness and Budget Committee at Ithaca College is in the process of analyzing how much the college spends on food and under what circumstances. This committee has partnered with the Task Force on Meals and Entertainment in efforts to provide the campus community with this drafted policy and receive feedback from the public.

Participants can take an anonymous survey after reveiwing the policy up until  5 p.m. March 18 at ithaca.edu/eareview/iebc.

$1375
$2000