$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefs March 9

15th annual Rainbow Reception to be held in April for graduates

The 15th annual Rainbow Reception will be held April 21. Sponsored by the Diversity Awareness Committee and the Center for LGBTQ
Education, Outreach and Services, the Rainbow Reception is a celebration of Ithaca College’s graduating lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer students.

All students, faculty and staff who wish to celebrate the accomplishments of LGBTQ and allied seniors and graduate students are welcome, and reservations are required.

The event features music, an appetizer buffet and remarks by special guests. Family and friends are also welcome to attend, and students who are not seniors are also invited to share in the tradition. A featured alum will also give an address, sharing words of encouragement.

Graduating seniors and graduate students can also receive their own set of rainbow honor cords, or a rainbow stole, for graduation.

RevIthaca Startup companies to present at 2017 EdTech Day

A panel of entrepreneurs from RevIthaca Startup, a local startup incubator, will share their stories about starting their own companies at 2:10 p.m. in the Klingenstein Lounge as part of the 27th annual Educational Technology Day on March 23.

Local entrepreneurs will share their experiences in getting a company off the ground in the session called: “Starting a Startup: Tales from the Front Lines.”

Members of RevIthaca will lead a panel of representatives from RevIthaca Startup, a local incubator for startups, who will talk about their experiences and approaches.

This is one of over 50 sessions for Ed Tech Day, which spans from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Campus Center and includes national and regional technology vendors and a college showcase.

No registration is required for members of the Ithaca College community. Complete information is available on the Ed Tech Day website, www.ithaca.edu/edtechday.

Two free on-campus thrift stores to hold open hours this week

Ithaca College hosts two free thrift stores on campus that will be open this week as part of the TIOLI (Take It Or Leave It) program.

TIOLI is located in the Clarke Hall basement. It has dorm room essentials including lamps, carpets, hangers and cups as well as a collection of books and school supplies. Items are all gently used secondhand items. 

Students can stop by to browse or donate from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. March 9 and 1 p.m.–4 p.m. March 10.

OSCAR (Office Supply Collection And Reuse) is located in the Campus Center in Phillips Hall 196 just past the campus bookstore. OSCAR was recently fully restocked with supplies, including binders, filing folders, paper holders, labelling tools, desk organizers, ink cartridges and other new and gently used items. Campus community members can stop by and check out the cart or drop off donations 11 a.m.–1 p.m. March 9. 

OrgSync applications now open for SGC student scholarships

The Student Governance Council scholarships applications are open from now until March 20.

The SGC scholarships were created to recognize and support students with excellent academic performances and involvement with student organizations or other leadership-oriented activities on campus. It is in the spirit of leadership and involvement and the great things that can be accomplished with their proper application that this scholarship is given.

Students may log into OrgSync to view the applications at https://orgsync.com/87832/forms/247526.

The two scholarships offered are the Margaret A. Reid Memorial Scholarship, named for an involved citizen and student, and the Student Governance Council Scholarship, created to recognize and support students with excellent academic performance who are involved with student organizations or other leadership-oriented activities on campus.

For both scholarships, ideal candidates must demonstrate student leadership and/or active involvement in campus life, be a rising junior or senior, and not be graduating in May 2017. For the SGC Scholarship, applicants must have a grade point average of 3.6 or above. For the Margaret Reid Memorial Scholarship, applicants must have a grade point average between 2.75 and 3.599, have good judicial standing as determined by the Office of
Residential Life and Judicial Affairs and have demonstrated financial need.

Public Safety releases reminder on spring break parking policy

On behalf of the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management, Carl Cohen, parking services supervisor, is reminding students who are leaving for spring break to leave their cars in S-Lot Extension on campus if they are not going to be around for spring break.

This will help facilitate any necessary snow removal over the break period March 11–17.

$1495
$2000