$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College Briefs Nov. 19

Alumni to give presentation on productivity and habits at work

Dave Cameron ’96 from the Office of Strategic Marketing and Communications will give a presentation called “Human At Work,” in which he will speak on how a new approach to work has helped him replace bad habits.

Cameron will also teach audience members how to evaluate their own habits, make focused productivity part of each day and become healthier and less stressed at work. The presentation will take place at noon Dec. 10 in the Human Resources Conference Room, located on the Garden Level of the Peggy Ryan Williams Center. Those interested can RSVP to [email protected].

Diversity Awareness Committee will open meeting to community

The members of the Diversity Awareness Committee are inviting anyone who is interested in attending their monthly meeting from noon–1 p.m. Dec. 8 in the Human Resources Conference Room on the Garden Level of the Peggy Ryan Williams Center. The committee will facilitate a discussion on supporting transgender and gender nonconforming students.

The discussion will be facilitated by Luca Maurer, program director of the Center for LGBT Education, Outreach and Services. The discussion will cover changing student needs, pronouns, terms, being sensitive and culturally aware, approaches, forms, policies and services.

Those interested in joining this discussion can RSVP by emailing [email protected]. More discussions on this topic will be held Jan. 26, Feb. 9, March 8, April 12 and May 10.

Workshop on conflict resolution open to college faculty and staff 

Jeff Shepardson of Cornell University’s Conflict Dispute Resolution Center will host a workshop called “Conflict Transformation and its Opportunities” from noon–3 p.m. Nov. 19 in the Human Resources Conference Room, located on the Garden Level of the Peggy Ryan Williams Center. The purpose of the workshop is to gain a better understanding of conflict.

The workshop will be interactive, and those attending will explore the experience of conflict and its effects on people as individuals. It will also explore key skills and inclusive strategies that can be used to shift negative interactions. This workshop is open to faculty and staff members as well
as supervisors.

Graduate students seeking elderly individuals for research

Graduate students of the occupational therapy program at Ithaca College are searching for individuals to participate in their research study. The title of their study is “Assessing Communication and Information Needs of Community Dwelling Older Adults in Tompkins County.” The purpose of the study is to identify how older adults within Tompkins County obtain information and news about the community. The results of their research will be used to provide the Ithaca Area Agency on Aging with information regarding barriers that prevent elders from receiving area information and communicating with others in the community.

The results of the study may be published in scientific research journals and presented at professional conferences. Participants will be asked to complete a survey to determine how they communicate with and receive information from the Ithaca community. Those interested in participating can contact Lynn Gitlow at 607-274-1532.

Office of Civic Engagement seeking student job applicants

The Office of Student Engagement is seeking student applicants for new positions, including learning how to manage teams, to develop new ways to manage information and to produce content.

The students in these positions will also have an opportunity to interact with community partners to better their relationships with student groups at the collegeand faculty delivering service-learning courses. The OCE offers in-office duties and projects, training support opportunities, social media work and Web development. Anyone who is interested in filling one of the positions can go to the Student Employment Job Database
to apply for the available opportunities.

$1495
$2000