$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

ITHACA THIS WEEKEND Sept. 27-29

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. The Tompkins County Public Library is holding its first Readathon on Saturday. The Readathon, sponsored by the Library Foundation, will include 30 minute readings by community members. The event kicks off at 6 a.m. with a reading by Ithaca College President Tom Rochon. Click here for the full list of readers.

2. Tompkins County has announced plans to update the County Comprehensive Plan. The plan, created in 2004, includes guidelines for how the county should make decisions that affect the quality of life in communities within it. The most recent updates to the plan were made in December 2008. Community members can voice their opinions about the plan by taking the county’s survey.

3. Luca Maurer, program director of the Center for LGBT Education, Outreach and Services has co-authored a teaching lesson in the sexual health book, “Positive Images: Teaching About Contraception and Sexual Health.” Maurer’s lesson, “How Could That Be? A Lesson About Identity, Behavior, Perception and Risk,” compares common perceptions to research about gender identity and sexual orientation.

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. Ithacappella and Premium Blend will have their Block One concerts this weekend in Emerson Suites. Ithacappella will perform at 7 p.m. Friday, and Premium Blend will perform at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

2. The Field Hockey team will play Stevens Institute of Technology at 1 p.m. Saturday at Higgins Stadium. The Bombers hope to use this game as an opportunity to raise Lung Cancer awareness.

3. There will be two chamber orchestra concerts this weekend in Ford Hall in the James J. Whalen School of Music. The Cayuga Chamber Orchestra concert is at 8 p.m. Saturday, and the Ithaca College Chamber Orchestra is at 4 p.m. Sunday.

In This Week’s Paper
Didn’t have time to pick up yesterday’s issue of The Ithacan? Read the highlights here.

News: The City of Ithaca approved a plan to make its streets more bike-friendly. Read about the details of the plan and the Streets Alive! Ithaca bike festival, which was held Sept. 22 in support of the city’s efforts to make Ithaca safer for bikers.

Sports: Wonder what a day in the life of a Bomber athlete during the offseason is like? Read about the offseason of athletes on the baseball team, gymnastics team, women’s lacrosse team and the diving team.

Accent: The Ithaca Farmer’s Market is in full swing this season, and will be open until December. Another space for the Farmer’s Market will be set up in the winter from January to March at the Space @ GreenStar on 700 W. Buffalo St.

$1495
$2000