$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

ITHACA THIS WEEKEND: Sept. 6 – 8

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. News Editor Noreyana Fernando spoke with the director of Ithaca College’s new advising center, Sally Neal, about student responses to the advising center and its future projects. The advising center is open to students of all years and majors. Check out our Q&A with Neal.

2. The deadline for Teach for America applications is Friday, September 13. Applications are open to graduates and students set to graduate before June 2014. Teach for America a national teacher corps of college graduates and professionals who commit to teach for two years and raise student achievement in public schools.

3. Beginning Monday, the Ithaca Police Department will be looking for speeding violations in school zones. IPD said extra patrols will be on duty during school zone enforcement hours 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. throughout September. School Speed Zones are set at 15 miles per hour in the City of Ithaca.

What’s happening this weekend
The events you won’t want to miss

1. The Bombers Football team will be taking on Moravian at 1 p.m. Saturday at Butterfield Stadium. Go cheer on the team as they kick off the season.

2. Life’s So Sweet Chocolates will be hosting chocolate tastings at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Saturday on The Commons. Tickets for Chocolate After Hours will be sold at the tasting for $25.

3. The Ithaca College Student Activities Board will host screenings of the film “Man of Steel,” at 8 p.m. Friday through Sundayin Textor 102. Admission is free, and all students are welcome to attend.

Didn’t get a chance to pick up Thursday’s paper?
Read the highlights here.

News: Ithaca was recently named the “Smartest City in the United States.” Read about how Ithaca won this title and what makes the city so smart.

Sports: In the past three years, Ithaca College has provided new or restored facilities for 18 of its 27 athletic teams. But it has been nine years since Jim Butterfield Stadium has seen any changes. As the Bombers play opponents on turf fields, is the college considering an upgrade? Read about what may happen.

Opinion: Many students do not know what they want to major in, let alone what “theme” should guide their academic career. For first-year students at Ithaca College, the new Integrative Core Curriculum could be burdensome because of this push. Read this editorial to find out why.

$1375
$2000