$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Thursday, Feb. 20

What’s happening today
Today’s top news and events

1. Boston- and Brooklyn-based artist Patte Loper will give an artist’s talk at 6 p.m. Feb. 20 in the Handwerker Gallery. Loper’s work is currently on display in the gallery in an exhibit titled “Your Margins, Your Rivers, Your Diminutive Villages.”

2. Norm Jordan ’82 will speak at 6 p.m. tonight in the Dorothy D. and Roy H. Park Center for Business and Sustainable Enterprise, room 111. Jordan is the senior business intermediary at Gottesman Company, one of the largest mergers and acquisitions firms in North America.

In Today’s Paper
Don’t have time to pick up today’s issue of The Ithacan? Read the highlights here

News: More than 70 community members, including 10 Ithaca College students, gathered at the Tompkins County Legislature to support a one-year moratorium on the county jail expansion project. Despite their show of support, the moratorium was voted down. Read about the groups protest in this week’s News Section.

Accent: Student DJs flock to Ithaca parties and events to perform their original mixes and mashups. Some of these DJs include senior Geoffrey Guthe, who goes by DJ RageFace; freshman Joel Almand, whose stage name is DJ Almond; and senior Maris Jones, who is also known as DJMJ. Read about how these DJs bring life to the parties of Ithaca in this week’s Accent Section.

Sports: The Ithaca College equestrian team is an on-campus club founded 17 years ago that has been trying to gain recognition as a varsity sport. Until then, the team is limited in its practice time because of financial constraints and team status. Read about the club’s efforts to become a varsity team in this week’s Sports Section.

$1375
$2000