$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Wednesday, Dec. 11

What’s happening today
Today’s top news and events

1. A vigil to remember Nelson Mandela was held at noon Tuesday in Textor 102. Mandela was a South African anti-apartheid revolutionary and served as the first black president of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. He died Dec. 5 at the age of 95. Check out Latest Headlines for the full coverage of the remembrance event held on campus.

2. Students from the biology department will present their original, independent research in a junior research symposium at 4 p.m. in the Center for Natural Sciences, room 112.

3. The Ithaca College Chamber Orchestra will perform at 8:15 p.m. in Ford Hall under the direction of Jonathan Pasternack, assistant professor of music performance.

4. Led by Pablo Cohen, associate professor of music performance, the guitar ensemble will perform at 7 p.m. in the Hockett Recital Hall.

Student life outside the classroom
Get an inside look at The Danbees

Seniors Mark Slotoroff, Jake Alvarez, Michael McManus and Will Shuttleworth make up “The Danbees,” a self-described rock and roll band. The group is using Kickstarter  — an online crowd funding platform — to produce its debut album. As of today, the band has 48 backers, $6,257 pledged of its $9,500 goal and 17 days left in the campaign.

$1495
$2000