$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Ithaca College chief information officer to leave in July

Corey Hess/The Ithacan
Keith McIntosh came to Ithaca College in August 2014 to become associate vice president of DIIS and chief information officer. He will leave his position July 22 to become vice president and chief information officer at the University of Richmond.

Keith “Mac” McIntosh, associate vice president of Digital Instruction and Information Services and chief information officer, has accepted a position as vice president and chief information officer at the University of Richmond in Virginia. He will leave Ithaca College on July 22 and begin his new role Aug. 1.

Since joining the college in 2014, McIntosh has developed the college’s first-ever IT strategic plan, working directly with the campus community to set the college’s technology goals. He also spearheaded the college’s campuswide Wi-Fi update, which was completed in 2015.

Before his arrival, McIntosh said in October, Information Technology Services — the former name of the DIIS department — at the college had not changed since the 1980s. He focused his efforts on adapting the college’s IT services to accommodate rapidly changing technologies.

He also used his experience in the IT field — which includes 25 years in several IT management positions in the U.S. Air Force — to bring nationally recognized speakers to the college’s 25th annual EdTech Day in 2015.

In an Intercom announcement June 22, Gerald Hector, vice president for finance and administration, said McIntosh has had a transformative effect on the college’s DIIS department.

“Mac has brought a level of focus, tenacity, and alacrity to the information technology needs of the campus in that short span of time,” Hector said.

Hector said McIntosh also offered a unique perspective in weekly discussions about race, diversity and inclusion on campus.

The college has not yet announced its plans to fill McIntosh’s position and will appoint interim leadership for the DIIS team later this summer.

In the Intercom announcement, McIntosh offered thanks to his colleagues for being supportive of his goals while at the college.

“I would be remiss if I didn’t say how proud I am of the IT team for embracing the changes we needed to make to improve our services and support for the college,” he said. “We have accomplished a great deal in a short amount of time, with much more to do in the future.”

$1260
$2000