$1275
$2000

ITHACA THIS WEEKEND: Dec. 13–15

What’s happening today
Today’s top news and events

1. The Student Government Association is currently working on plans to encourage the college to divest from fossil fuels. The SGA has launched an investigation into the college’s investments after passing a bill written by Katelyn Madison, Class of 2014 senator, by a 14–9 vote on Dec. 9. Check Latest Headlines later today for the full story.

2. Ithacappella will hold its Block II concert at 7:30 p.m. tonight in Emerson Suites in the Campus Center. The group will also be selling its latest CD for $15 at the concert.

3. The December reception for graduates will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday in Emerson Suites. The ceremony will send off students graduating after this semester. Read about what the job market has in store for the December graduates.

Finals are coming
What you need to know to survive finals week

Finals week at Ithaca College will soon be upon us, and we have a few suggestions to stay sane during what seems like an endless week of tests, papers and group projects.

1. Take breaks: Short breaks while studying will help you process information more quickly.

2. Sleep: Experts say any amount of sleep is proven to improve the quality and retention of studying, even if you just take a nap.

3. Exercise: Exercise releases endorphins to make you feel better. It’s a stress reliever and helps you focus.

4. Make a study plan: Even if it’s just written out on a post it note, having a plan could help you keep track of your time, which tends to slip away during finals week — especially if you have a Netflix account.

What stage of finals week are you in? Check out Buzzfeed’s listicle: “The 33 Stages of Finals Week.”

$1275
$2000